Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My erbe basher

My erbe basher

Well basically I have followed and read many threads and also put a few with regards to my truck.
    I really have not got a thread on my basher and thought maybe best for me to make one since it will be easier to follow too when I have modifications etc.

So here it is
    With this truck I make repairs as they break as I already have full parts for the ultimate erbe build I want to do (missing the rpm carriers and traxxas steel cvds) that's the thread from scratch which has not been updated at for a while as I have had no time to start building.

I purchased shock wave tires for the rear as I ripped both off in the first attempt on 6s. (cannot wait to get the fronts next week, picked up these as the big joes were too big, badlands ran out and no trenchers but very happy with it, to run later this afternoon.

The old rims, will use acetone or boil them later, may be still of good use

A small video of the track we ran in regularly on the weekends.

Last edited by Jezza; 06-22-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

Those wheels look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    Those wheels look nice.
    Thanks, they are shock waves on F 11 black wheels by proline. Initially I was hesitant but they really turned out to be good. Will see how they handle on track this afternoon (would have preferred that they already had another pair, arrives only next week), many claim that the temps are low as they are not as big as the trenchers or badlands and have a great grip.
    Live life to the fullest

Umm not sure if they are appropriate for the track...these might do better, also much more lighter.

http://prolineracing.com/1-8-truck-tires-race
    Last edited by NFS; 06-22-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Umm not sure if they are appropriate for the track...these might do better, also much more lighter.

Thanks I will definitely check those out as I thought of getting AKA truggy tires for my erbe racer.
    The ones I have above I will use on dirt home made track, grass, gravel and everyday bashing. Eventually I will get the badlands or trenchers but wanted to bash today so settled for those...
    Live life to the fullest

Thanks I will definitely check those out as I thought of getting AKA truggy tires for my erbe racer.
    The ones I have above I will use on dirt home made track, grass, gravel and everyday bashing. Eventually I will get the badlands or trenchers but wanted to bash today so settled for those...
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer

Always wondered how buggy/truggy tires would work for the track. I have a pair of 40 series Pro-Line Bowties (14mm) left from my 2.5r. I was thinking about getting a set of Traxxas Respnose Pro's also for the clay tracks in my area, but may look into that setup.

Shockwaves look real good, just mounted mine up today.

I had a set calibers mounted on 17mm proline dish rims, those tires ripped on grass, dirt, don't ballon at all, the truck was so light with them, loved those tires.

Last edited by NFS; 06-22-2014 at 02:44 PM.

RC Racer
    They are great. Wonder why Pro-Line decided not to make MT race tires anymore.

wow NFS that looks awesome, where did you get dye able rear wing
    Live life to the fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    wow NFS that looks awesome, where did you get dye able rear wing
    It is not dye able, it is proline downforce 1/8 buggy wing, used to come white, black and yellow.

The shock waves on F11 black rims are awesome, it has a 1/2 off set and makes the rear wider then stock , much better control on the track and they do not balloon at all (I have not tried on a straight run). Cannot wait o get the front too.

How ever I will take them off and put the traxxas chevrons to test them out once they arrive
    Live life to the fullest

So today I had changed again my tires on the basher. Basically I wanted to preserve the shock waves for the from scratch build, and use these chevrons I got off a member to bash around everywhere.

They got a lot of thread so I hope they will do the well with the places I am going to try them on.

I also had to remove the rebuild 2075 servo I had made into metal gears, for what ever reason , now it heats up really bad, and does not perform as the other 2075 stock servos I have. Oh well for all the reason o change to one servo, my lhs still has my order on back order. So now I removed one more servo of the pedes as they are sitting on the shelves for now.

Last edited by Jezza; 07-17-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

Those tires look really nice, like them more than the shock waves, might get me a set for my next build.

Those tires look really nice, like them more than the shock waves, might get me a set for my next build.
    Thanks, they are traxxas maxx chevron tires, not sure if they will handle as well as the shock waves, but like the way they look so I got them. I can also maybe compare with the mashers that I have on the slash (chevrons too), though they are not exactly the same size.

By the way which MIP drive shafts you got on the erbe?? cannot seem to find a dog bone one for the erevo on their site, i have to pass buy the lhs again as I saw a pair (did not buy it yet)
    Last edited by Jezza; 07-17-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

I don't run MIP, I have summit driveshafts.

RC Racer
    Amain has them Jezza
    E - Revo Fixing it daily.

Looking good Jezza! Those chevron tires with the Geode rims look sweet! I think I'm going to pick a pair up. I was also looking at MIP driveshafts. I'll upgrade to MIP shafts and red aluminum toe links at the end of August probably.
    Last edited by maxxdigger; 07-18-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    Slash 4x4
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Revo 3.3

I don't run MIP, I have summit driveshafts.
    Thanks, I could find the whole assembled part, but got to buy them by parts, so I may go for the traxxas constant velocity or MIP for a few extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo2Fix View Post
    Amain has them Jezza
    Thanks, will check out their site

Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    Looking good Jezza! Those chevron tires with the Geode rims look sweet! I think I'm going to pick a pair up. I was also looking at MIP driveshafts. I'll upgrade to MIP shafts and red aluminum toe links at the end of August probably.
    Yeah I have all the red aluminum links, not too sure to de-anodise them as I want to go for a silver look. Definitely like the MIP drive shafts; got to re-visit the lhs before I pull the trigger to buy them.
    Live life to the fullest

Thanks, they are shock waves on F 11 black wheels by proline. Initially I was hesitant but they really turned out to be good. Will see how they handle on track this afternoon (would have preferred that they already had another pair, arrives only next week), many claim that the temps are low as they are not as big as the trenchers or badlands and have a great grip.
    very nice rig you got there! im waiting to sell my slash 2wd so i can finally buy the ERBE!! i will probably buy the badlands for me as i like them on my 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasvxlbasher View Post
    very nice rig you got there! im waiting to sell my slash 2wd so i can finally buy the ERBE!! i will probably buy the badlands for me as i like them on my 4x4
    Thanks, now that I have enough tires for my erbe, I may get the badlands for the slash 4x4, not sure what 17mm wheels to get along with it yet. I still want to get those badlands and trenches. Trying to sell all my 2wd rig , FLM stampede and another brush-less 2wd pede.
    Live life to the fullest

lol, like me. really love trenchers and badlands, they are my favourite all round and off road tires, on road are the road rage and duratrax banditos.

A small update; well finally had a little time to put some part in, in this case just one part to be precise; the centre drive drive shaft;

With a baby who just turned one a month ago, the time spent on RC has drastically dropped; at least I still get to be on the forum when the little guy takes a small nap or so.

Since I have the MIP centre , front and rear drive shafts for my ultimate build, I had decided to start putting some parts on my basher.

Here is that small progress, now the traxxas front and rear need to be installed so every weekend I will take a little bit of time for my basher, pamper her a bit even if I cant go out yet to enjoy a few runs......its been to cold lately.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Live life to the fullest

Thanks, they are traxxas maxx chevron tires, not sure if they will handle as well as the shock waves, but like the way they look so I got them. I can also maybe compare with the mashers that I have on the slash (chevrons too), though they are not exactly the same size.
    Hey Jezza after you get a run or two on those tires let us know how they work for you. I've had a set of them sitting here for awhile and you got me thinkin' about gluing them up!
    My way is like the wrong way....only faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastride View Post
    Hey Jezza after you get a run or two on those tires let us know how they work for you. I've had a set of them sitting here for awhile and you got me thinkin' about gluing them up!
    They run very well actually; I used them right before the winter set in, on a muddy track, great handling , a bit stiff as a compound but they do not balloon much, how ever after that mud ran I had to bathe the truck. All the tires foams soaked mud in, it was something; Now they are cleaned, foam washed and tires all taped ready for a nice snow trial.

This is what mud I was talking about

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Jezza; 01-18-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

That doesn't look like a good time right there! Yeah these tires do seem a bit stiff and I can definitely see how they would be awesome mud tires! I'm guessing being a fairly hard compound rubber they'd probably last for awhile on the street too. Mine are all glued up and ready to go, now if at least SOME of this snow would go away.......
    My way is like the wrong way....only faster.

Oops , post 23 picture dissapeared
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    How do you like the upgraded center drive lines? Not 100% sure what they are called.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    How do you like the upgraded center drive lines? Not 100% sure what they are called.
    I like the look of it so far, yet to test it , did not have time this weekend gone but will do, also before taht I will put the traxxas steel velocity drive shafts on the four corners too. So hopefully this weekend coming up I get the chance to do so.

Eventually I will compare them with the MIP sets that I had ordered as well from another lhs.
    Trying to sell the 2wd fLM pede and upgraded XL5 2wd pede, to finish this basher and the ultimate erevo that I am waiting for the esc and motor (Waiting for the Orion R8 pro-x with vst2 690 motor)....it still all in parts at the moment
    Live life to the fullest

So here are the things that I have received from my lhs.
    His supplier had a different number for the MIP centre drive spline, it is different from that of the MIP site08138
    I got the two MIP 11101 for the front and rear for the ultimate build.
    And this weekenf I will mount the trxxas steel velocity cvd on all four corners.
    Looks Like I will not use the extended cup I have for now, not sure if I have the 5333R arm at the rear as I got this as a roller, can any one tell me how I know which one I got on, thank you.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Live life to the fullest

Just curious every one, the leaflet of the instructions mentions that the steel velocity cvd is not for long travel rockers;
    I thought I had long travel rockers but how do you identify which is which again?
    On my instalation now I have the rear and front all marked 90T, the front ones are bigger.
    In my parts part I have 120T,
    My links are spaced at the moment with the blue spacers.

Thank you
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    If im not mistaken the 90s are 90mms of travel and the 120s are 120mms of travel aka the 120s are the long travel rockers.
    New ERBEWP, going 2s2p 9400mAh

Quote Originally Posted by Khaos85 View Post
    If im not mistaken the 90s are 90mms of travel and the 120s are 120mms of travel aka the 120s are the long travel rockers.
    Thanks
    I have managed to install the front cvds, very happy with them; I managed to destroy all my blue socket ball protections, realise only later that I should have scewed the knuckle balls first then put the strap into place to hold the protectors;
    Will be more carfull for the rear cvds tommorow.
    Live life to the fullest

Well got all four steel velocity cvds on; pretty nice looking set; In terms of look I like it better then the MIP set, the old dog bone MIP ones look as good. Unfortunately the 1515 MIP that I have for the old max would not fit otherwise I would have put those on this basher.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Rear View
    [IMG][/IMG]

Now its a matter of time before I head out and try them; it looks sloppy outside today; Plus I think I will try and not run in mud, slush or wet conditions for a while, the time spent cleaning is incredible. Had to use a lot of WD40 too, time to look for some decent scres that are as strong as these and will not rust, I have all steel on an FLM build and the other pede, did not like the experinece, screw snapped off in the mounts, head stripped and dead threads once in a while, even with blue loctite on.

Another thing is not sure why but I have replacement rockers, could not figure out why they have 120T on them, but practically the same size as my 90T on the truck at the moment; Thats why I asked about the inscriptions of what was 90T and 120T on the rockers;
    Last edited by Jezza; 01-24-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    So how do the shockwaves run on grass and do the premounted ones do ok with ballooning? was debating those or the trencher x. i run on road grass and dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird43 View Post
    So how do the shockwaves run on grass and do the premounted ones do ok with ballooning? was debating those or the trencher x. i run on road grass and dirt.
    They are great actually, more then I had anticipated, I ran them on a local track , grips well, I had no problem cornering, I was expecting them to slide off like the talons as they are almost simmilar in threads, how ever they performed way better; On grass too , I have had only one run so I could say much but initial run was ok, a bit of slide but tehn I was really just trying something else (next time I am going to try tem on grass track), like you I wanted the trenchers and I think I will still get them, just the sheer size difference also is to my liking.

By the way they did not balloon as much as I though they would on 4s, they also handle 6s with no probs, a little bit more of a pizza cutter but less then the stock tires.
    The stock tires , I manage dto rip off on a 2 min 6s trial.

I also like the maxx tires I git on geode wheels, they dont balloon at all but I cannot controll them on track, on mud they were just great marvels. On grass too they just at tehm as it digs right in I guess.
    Last edited by Jezza; 01-24-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

tRoyal frustration today?? several problems that I cannot figure out
    1; There is no steering, where as I had inserted a washer to the servo saver to make it tigher; Cannot figure it out, I have removed the washer and set it as before the problem, it still refuses to work. Looks like I may have to get a new heavy duty spring and steering bell crank.
    Here is a video of it if some one can chime in

2; My front diff seems to have a problem; After all the clean up, installed the centre and all four steel velocity cvds, I am not sure what went wrong; Checked that all the pins are well connected etc;
    When I give a bit of throttle, only the rear tires spin, the front barely....very slow as if the diffs had busted; where as my run about a week ago was all good.
    Last edited by Jezza; 01-25-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

So I fixed my problem.
    Re-assembled the centre drive shaft, all is running great, the pin was not properly in place.
    Lossened the pivot balls at th efront assembly, it was too tight so I had no steering
    Happy camper once again...yeah
    This is a small test on 4s;

Live life to the fullest

Single Servo Arm Replacement

So I have been searching for a single servo arm arround, particularly that of golden horizons but it seems they are no more in existance even on ebay ever since they closed down.

Out of curiousity has any one used the STRC single servo arm conversion, I cannot seem to find much reveiws on them. I have ordered a cheap replacement from out of town but doubt it if it will work, luckily its priceless, will see when it comes in.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Just did a conversion with an STRC arm. Works great and fits nice. I did have to file down the semi-circular flat in the bottom of the plastic piece that everything connects to. The reason for this was to remove a little slop in the servo saver assembly. After the light filing to the plastic it is perfect.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast