RC Qualifier

Summit in the Sand

Hello...looking for some quick advice from those of you that have run your Summit at the beach.

Basically is it worth it? Or is the clean up so massive I should avoid. Going to the beach the next few days and was thinking about taking the Summit along. I won't be running it in the water.

Any advice on clean up afterwards?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Ran my erevo at the beach, was fine after, but I run the dusty motors shroud. You should get kne

RC Qualifier
    Nevermind....finally searched the right combo of words and found a ton of info.

My friend that's in my RC group takes his Summit out tom the beach all the time including the swamp. You just have to make sure it doesn't get into the diffs and the gearbox. I hose my rc's off everything, let it dry, then I use an air compressor to get sand/grit off ,then put protection lubricant on the bearings.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like from the threads I have read there is a mix of "I run in the sand and clean very little and have basically no problems" and then the other half is "if you run in sand you need to do a full tear down and clean and rebuild the truck after each sand outing"

guess it just depends on the comfort zone of the owner. Seems like at the very least a good air compressor bath is in order when your done

RC Qualifier
    I found the Summit didn't have the power to shoot a large amount of sand up into the chassis like Revos do.. Just make sure you don't get any in the motor.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails