RC Qualifier

Broken servo, fix or new?

Well, i blew the servo gears apart and broke the outer mounts off. Should I get a rebuild kit and case? Or a new one? If its a new one i want it to be the last one i should need, and i would prefer not to have a glitch buster . Bottom line is i need a gear set and case. I have looked at the 2075, but i like the idea of metal gears and a metal output thing. Thanks guys
    Last thing, MUST me waterproof
    Last edited by rcnewbie1234; 06-24-2014 at 11:53 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rcnewbie1234 View Post
    Well, i blew the servo gears apart and broke the outer mounts off. Should I get a rebuild kit and case? Or a new one? If its a new one i want it to be the last one i should need, and i would prefer not to have a glitch buster . Bottom line is i need a gear set and case. I have looked at the 2075, but i like the idea of metal gears and a metal output thing. Thanks guys
    I have been using the Hitec 645 for years. It has more torque and doesn't cost that much more than the stock.

RC Qualifier
    I like the metal gears, does that have equal/better rating than the 2075?

If you have old or get a hold of cheap metal gear servo you can transfer them on to the 2075.
    I had re built mine that way. I did not like the performance of the tower pro mg995 so I transferred all the metal gears onto the 2075. They work great and no more stripped gears
    Live life to the fullest

At 6V:

2075 - 125oz
    645 - 133oz

It doesn't seem like all that much, but the Hitec is really a much better servo. I ran a 645 for years in my scaler with no servo saver (not recommended for fast RCs), it finally burned up last month; I feel like I have gotten my money out of it.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Ok, is it waterproof? And are there any close to that? I dont want to get this, then realize i should have gotten that

No, the 645 is not waterproof. I don't buy servos based on waterproof or not, I buy the servo that will last. If it is for my scaler, I'll waterproof it myself.

I use silicone sealant (the stuff used for kitchen and baths). I run a bead around each of the seams, and put a dab on each of the screw heads, then let it cure over night before installing. When I am installing it, I will put a generous glob of lithiun grease around the spline output, then put the servo horn on (or servo saver). My scaler has been completely submerged and drove its way out with the electronics working perfectly.

The great thing about the silicone sealant is that it peals right off when you want to remove it.

RC Qualifier
    Just put the silicon on the outside? Like close it and put a thin bead around the outside? Or do you mean open it and put it on the edge then close it? And I can deal with that to waterproof it. Just need to know

Just on the outside, making sure all seams are sealed.

you take it apart and put it at the seams and then the grease around the outer gear.

i just bought the 2075 since im happy with them and they are cheap. i got one for $15.50 and the other for like $20. ive been looking at getting one of these though

http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d771.html
    Last edited by skmfkr; 06-24-2014 at 09:10 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Dang, now i have 3 options (like i wanted) but they are all so close, i dont know what to do... To put the 3075 in or out- can I get one and if a gear ever broke get a different metal gear rebuild kit and have a metal gear 2075? The hitec and solar otherwise seem the same. Ill want opinions please

If u want metal gears in the 2075 you can get the tower pro servo on eBay for like $7

I would get the hitec. 2075 servos are ok, but Hitec uses better, longer lasting motors.

Disagree with taking the servo apart to waterproof it, this just invites trouble. Just put the silicone on the outside and you will be fine. Like I said, I have had my scaler completely submerged serveral times, plus lots of puddles with a 645 waterproofed this way and it lasted for years.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I think im sold on the hitec 645. I like the sounds if it

RC Qualifier
    Will I need a extension wire with this? Or is there only one size and its enough? I will order it tonight

I needed one for my savox

RC Qualifier
    Well, i ordered it along with a extension, hope its in for the long weekend of the 4th

RC Qualifier
    Hi guys, thought i would post a update. Had this installed for about 2 weeks now, i love it so far, other than 2 "minor" things-
    1. I stripped a internal metal gear... The one on top in the center. I was (luckily) able to spin it 180* and its working again
    2. My servo saver doesn't fit. (kimbrough 121) I am stuck with this until i find one that will fit-

How does the 124 not fit? It's the same size as stock. If you are referring to splines not matching, be aware that the 124 includes three adapters for 23, 24, and 25-Tooth splines.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Yeah, we ping-ponged some messages about this, thought you got it fixed.

There should be adpaters with the servo to get it to work. If not, take it to your LHS and ask them to get you what you need. The splines on the have big teeth, so if does take a little bit of force to get the adparter on.

RC Qualifier

Broken servo, fix or new?

I have the kimbrough 121. Not the 124. And I tried all 3 adapters. (23, 24, 25) and they are too big, i can hold the servo saver with my hand and the servo spins inside it. I am not applying and force, i didn't hold it hard at all
    Last edited by rcnewbie1234; 08-03-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcnewbie1234 View Post
    I have the kimbrough 121. Not the 124. And I tried all 3 adapters. (23, 24, 25) and they are too big, i can hold the servo saver with my hand and the servo spins inside it. I am not applying and force, i didn't hold it hard at all
    Doesn't matter. Same size adapters. The HS-645MG uses a standard 24-spline output. Literally hundreds of members have used this servo and the Kim121 servo saver through the years. They work, they fit together.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Doesn't matter. Same size adapters. The HS-645MG uses a standard 24-spline output. Literally hundreds of members have used this servo and the Kim121 servo saver through the years. They work, they fit together.
    I believe you, but mine isnt the right size, i will look closer tomorrow and see what I can find with it