RC poster

New to the game with a few questions.

Hey guys I got my first truck yesterday and was hoping you guys could help get me rolling in the right direction. I have a few questions that Jumped into my head while I ran the first battery packs through it. I am going to be running it in they yard and at the park mostly so grass and packed dirt a lot. I have a couple rough spots that I have been working on to play a little tougher but no serious bashing by far.

Im not a rich guy by far just a dad that finally had a chance to start him a hobby. So here goes, I am sure ill think of more as time goes by but this is what hit me right off the bat.

1. What are the (must) in your opinion that I should upgrade to make the truck a better truck.

2. I have read in many places that lock-tite is your friend. So should I just pull the screws and go ahead and hit them, or wait and see if anything actually works loose and hit them.

3. Tires, In my little head this is one of the most important parts of a vehicle, because its your connection to the ground. So should I go ahead and get some different tires or should I work on other parts that will help get the truck more stable which in turn helps the tires? That one stumps me pretty good.

This is all I can think of after one run last night, right now at least. Oh and I am running Lipo 5000ma 2S . The power upgrade from the stock batteries is crazy, ill leave them for the kids daddy gets the good stuff for once lol. So if anyone can think of a tip that an extreme new guy could use please toss them out, I am not proud and love to hear advice.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by Enssane; 06-29-2014 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Cant spell heh.

RC Qualifier
    The kind of terrain you speak of sounds good for the stock E-Maxx tires, I wouldn't worry to much about that. Running Lipo of any kind I would suggest both the Traxxas Wheel Axel CVD part 5451R and the Center CVD part 5151R. I run 5000mah 3S and twisted a few stock plastic ones, the upgrade was great for performance and also looks, and easier cleaning too, but I would wait until stuff breaks and replace then, I have heard of members using stock parts for a very long time

P.S This is very new to me too, sort of, I got my first E-Maxx 2 months ago and was a T-Maxx owner for 10+ years
    Last edited by Xboxmember1978; 06-29-2014 at 08:13 AM.

RC Champion
    Traxxas Summit axles are a good up grade when u brake the stock axles. Imo.
    Main thing is to have fun.

RC poster
    So after a little more run time how do I know if I need to tighten the slipper clutch. Today I noticed some hesitation and a small whine before the truck took off. I don't think I have stripped anything because I have been being fairly easy with it still, a roll over or 2 in the grass is about the worst of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for the other help so far. There is alot to learn so I don't ruin my new toy lol.

The generic slipper clutch adjustment is to turn the locking nut (cw) until tight, then back off (ccw) a quarter of a turn. If you want the way racers set up their slipper clutch let me know, and I'll tell you how to do it.