Thread: Tiny Tires

RC poster

Tiny Tires

I had a weird thought, but it actually might look kinda cool! I was thinking, would 1/16 scale slash tires be able to fit on my 1/10 slash with a different hex? Has anyone already done this? If it DOES work, would there need to be any gearing changes to compensate for the smaller tires? Thanks!

RC Champion
    If your gonna go tiny tires then get hpi drift tires and have some fun at the local skate park. $15 usually for a set. Those are usually 12mm hex. I saw a telluride fit those tires with no issues so I don't think you should have an issue.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    That sounds like fun I wonder what those tires would look like on my p4de
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bradysb623 View Post
    I had a weird thought, but it actually might look kinda cool! I was thinking, would 1/16 scale slash tires be able to fit on my 1/10 slash with a different hex? Has anyone already done this? If it DOES work, would there need to be any gearing changes to compensate for the smaller tires? Thanks!

Yes you will need to gear differently. There are many sites for gearing. Keep in mind youll have way more rotations at the tires meaning higher temps less run time less speed.
    Race em Clean em Wrench em Repeat...