RC poster

What happened to the Traxxas Monster Jam models support?

Can anyone tell me why the Traxxas Monster Jam models were removed from the "Products" list? These Monster Jam stampedes are not that old. So, why has the "support" been removed from the Traxxas website? I come here to look at the pdf parts list for my Traxxas son-uva-digger and grave digger, but all Monster Jam models have been removed from the "Products" list. I can not find any published news from Traxxas that this model is discontinued and will not be supported.

Regards,

1 disappointed Traxxas fan

im pretty sure the stampede is the same thing

RC poster
    Yes, we are all aware the stampede is the base model. But, I am asking if the Monster Jam series is no longer being produced but still supported? You can search all you want on this Traxxas website, and not find a single thing about the Monster Jam series.

Likely a contract thing between Traxxas and NHRA. If the contract has ran out and not renewed, it might have also taken with it Traxxas' ability to use any of the Monster Jam names on its site, even for support.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    You may have the answer Greatscott. I wonder if Traxxas support would actually tell us this, if they did in fact pull the Monster Jam models from its website due to a contract issue or non-renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by son-uvadigger View Post
    You may have the answer Greatscott. I wonder if Traxxas support would actually tell us this, if they did in fact pull the Monster Jam models from its website due to a contract issue or non-renewal.
    No real reason to be disappointed, except with MJ apparently deciding to put their logo on toys for 3-year-olds instead on quality vehicles, as apparently is the case. It's just business. Some licensing terms are very strict. To have those vehicles removed totally from the website was surely an exercise that Traxxas was not happy to have to pay for. Oh well, on to bigger and better products.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    No real reason to be disappointed, except with MJ apparently deciding to put their logo on toys for 3-year-olds instead on quality vehicles, as apparently is the case. It's just business. Some licensing terms are very strict. To have those vehicles removed totally from the website was surely an exercise that Traxxas was not happy to have to pay for. Oh well, on to bigger and better products.
    Monster Jam makes more money off the Wal-mart toys, at least in my opinion.Now if they came back with the Snap-On line..... I only liked the Grave Digger one, always a Digger fan!

RC Champion
    Funny as I went on to tower hobbies yesterday to buy a digger and make it a build. Oh well just saved some $.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC poster
    Anyone else have any input or thoughts on this topic?

Traxxas should at least sell the green/blue parts for the stampede and the monster jam bodies for the stampede the Monster Jam models were still on the product list last week. I hope they return.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Still can find all the monster jam specific color parts on ebay or any rc website. Still can find a traxxas monster jam vehicle on ebay and probably some other sites, as well as the body and body mounts. This is really no big deal AS OF NOW. Only thing that changes is the fact that you don't see them listed on the products page.

RC Champion
    I'd like to see some hybrid TRAXXAS stampedes that used some of the monster jam technology and styling. Keep the blue and green plastics and make sure they go on a nice, similarly colored prographix body. Maybe add red to the mix to go with their already awesome looking red anodized parts. Carry over the body mounts. Carry over the 2.8/2.2 wheels with a newer take on the mj tires/talons. Offer a modern SUV type lid ala grave digger/son of digger. It would be a shame to see all of those touches from the monster jam line disappear.

RC Enthusiast
    I agree with Oaks. Maybe we can hold out hope that some of the cool feature they developed for the MJ models will be adopted into the classic Stampede or perhaps a new "related model" that will be more of a classic monster truck set up with unique body styling. It might be sick to offer the MJ guts with a blank painted body and a couple of sheets of quality vinyl stickers to design your own monster truck... or a clear body to encourage more people to paint their own. OR, (sorry ideas keep flooding in) capitalize on the popularity and desire for the Monster Energy body and do a couple of cool corporate sponsored monster trucks with the same MJ features. Just sayin'...
    Traxxas Monster Jam Son-uva Digger w/ TQ 2.4GHz

For the most part, everything Oaks said is available. Not sure what " monster jam technology " means, but you can get tougher parts by getting colored RPM arms, or even getting the white arms and dying them. The bodies are available in clear, just paint them up. When you are done, you will have a RC that is something you built and unique.

JMHO...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys new here. Sorry to bring up and oldish thread but would like to find out more about this.
    I too noticed the lack of Monster Jam products, but I also just noticed there is a TQ 2.4ghz grave digger now. Is this new? And if so could the lack of possibly be because of a possible running change? i.e, move all the 27am versions along before the 2.4ghz versions get released?

I hope so, but think it is unlikely it would take 6 months to do this.

I would like to see the MJ version continue, as I like them a bit more than the regular Stampede.

Regards