Looking for a vacation charger

I have been looking at the onyx 235 and 245. Also the ez peak plus and the dynamite passport ultra. My powerlab 6 and the power supply are not very easy to take along. I don't just mean a trip to the track. I am going on a weekend trip and I need a charger that I can use to charge batteries during pitstops.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    How many amps do you need, and how much you wanna spend? I am guessing built in ac is a must? If not, hyperion makes a killer dc charger for 100$:
    http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...er-7S-30A-550W

This is a killer road charger, but no ac...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

It has to be ac. My budget is about $150. It needs to charge 3s. Preferably a dual charger. I want 6 amps but I could settle for 5.

RC Qualifier
    Hitec X4 ac plus? 4 batts, 6 amp, 6s, and storage feature. About $180 last time i looked on eBay. I needed to get 4mm banana to traxxas plugs and balance boards. I dont know what you do or don't already have regards to cords

I use the the Venom Pro2 charger which is ac/dc charger, goes up to 6amp I believe you can dual charge with it if you buy the attachment.Has a built in balance board also comes with every charging lead you need cost $70 on Tower hobbies heres the link http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDMYL&P=ML.
    Last edited by Shadow_summit757; 07-16-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

Hyperion 720i, this is waht I use adn really like the Hyperion quality.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

that 720i looks pretty good. im still considering the onyx 235 though just because i am currently borrowing one and it seems like a pretty good charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    that 720i looks pretty good. im still considering the onyx 235 though just because i am currently borrowing one and it seems like a pretty good charger.
    Do the Onyx models have a "storage" feature?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    My son had a Onyx 235, it was not terrible but it died after two years of use and IMO did not treat the batteries as well has the Hyperion. IMO the Hyperion is a MUCH better charger, I have seen Hyperion charge and recover packs that other chargers refused to charge.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

for recovering and packs i have a powerlab 6. ill also use the powerlab for storing lipos. i might also look at the ez peak plus. any input on that?

EZ peak IMO is a great charger
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Hyperion 720i ac/dc is what I also use. As dad says, it really treats the batteries nice. Great road charger. +1 for any hyperion charger...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    I have the onyx 235. I've had it 5 years and it is still going strong. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    How many amps do you need, and how much you wanna spend? I am guessing built in ac is a must? If not, hyperion makes a killer dc charger for 100$:
    http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...er-7S-30A-550W

This is a killer road charger, but no ac...

It's gone! That was a killer deal! I have been using the 730 for a while now and it's been great. I got the charger and PSU set up in a James Bond-looking brief case. You know, the gray one that is always full of money in the movies.

Anyway, the whole setup is very portable. Just set the case down, open it up, plug in the PSU and you're charging. And charging very fast!

I'm using a 12V supply. Basically identical to the one that SPC sells. If a-main still had that deal on the charger, you would have about $150 wrapped up into the whole system, be fairly portable, and charging on A/C. Not sure how high mine will go on the 12v supply, but I have no problem charging my 2S packs at 15 amps. Never had a need for any more power yet.

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    It's gone! That was a killer deal! I have been using the 730 for a while now and it's been great. I got the charger and PSU set up in a James Bond-looking brief case. You know, the gray one that is always full of money in the movies.

Anyway, the whole setup is very portable. Just set the case down, open it up, plug in the PSU and you're charging. And charging very fast!

I'm using a 12V supply. Basically identical to the one that SPC sells. If a-main still had that deal on the charger, you would have about $150 wrapped up into the whole system, be fairly portable, and charging on A/C. Not sure how high mine will go on the 12v supply, but I have no problem charging my 2S packs at 15 amps. Never had a need for any more power yet.
    From an eBay seller's ad:
    "The EOS0730iNET3 requires a 24V-29V power supply to make full use of the potential. At this input voltage the charger performs at a higher efficiency which allows for these performance levels. Of course you can still use any power supply form 10.5V. The performance is around 300W at 13.6V."
    Even giving it a conservative 250W at 12V, it's a very capable charger.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =