RC poster

Question Considering an e revo

Hello guys!

Thought I'd lean on you guys to clear the air a bit.

I am considering an e revo, the problem is is that there are 2 versions out there (both seems to be waterproof) one version comes with the mamba mister setup and another with a castle ESC endorsed by traxxas. What is the difference between the 2, price is the same, i'm rely curious as to why 2 different setups here!

Any thoughts on this?

RC Qualifier
    They are the same thing.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by clinical View Post
    They are the same thing.
    Incorrect.

The newer model ERBE comes with the MM2 (Traxxas branded as MXL 6s) and is a waterproof ESC. The original MM is not waterproof.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by silveroneone View Post
    Incorrect.

The newer model ERBE comes with the MM2 (Traxxas branded as MXL 6s) and is a waterproof ESC. The original MM is not waterproof.
    very important point

RC poster
    Great info, so basically the same power output just waterproof correct? Also, how water proof tho really is, would this allow full water inmersion or this is just water resistant?

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't immerse it. Any "waterproof" vehicle to me is only water resistant. Water beats anything. Rubber, steel, etc. water cannot be compressed. If you wanna play in water all the time with any rc, get ready for more work and more $. Plain and simple.
    My E Revos have non wp escs. I have Outerwears shrouds for them. Snow and puddles are no problem.
    If you want to dunk in creeks all the time save money for bearings. You will need it. Js
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by amrflyingdude View Post
    Great info, so basically the same power output just waterproof correct? Also, how water proof tho really is, would this allow full water inmersion or this is just water resistant?
    Yes, same power. Ehhh, waterproof at your own risk. I would say more like water resistant. I have taken my ERBE w MXL 6s through wet grass w no issue, but thats about as far as i trust it. I would deffenetly go with the "waterproof" version... Nice reassurance when you want get a little wet!