RC Enthusiast

Video out from Alias camera?

Hi All,

I just got my Alias camera in the mail and I have a question to anyone with more electronic expertise than myself (and that's setting the bar pretty low). Is there a contact point on the camera's circuit board to which I can attach a wire that will carry the video feed out from the camera to a small video transmitter?

I popped mine open and had a look. There are four silver dots on one side that are labeled VCC, [something], [something] and GND. I tried to get some video out from these connections but without success. Any ideas are appreciated.

RC Competitor
    I would love to know this as well.

RC poster
    You may find VCC is power

RC Competitor
    Anyone have access to an oscilloscope? I'm not sure what the wave would like like, been too many years but I bet you could randomly touch contact points and find it that way. I'd try it but my bench repair days are 20yrs ago

RC Racer
    The pads are:
    VCC
    DM
    DP
    GND

I think it's USB based, data minus, data plus. No clue how to make it feed though.

Any ideas?

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, the VCC turned out to be power. Wasn't able to find a way to do what I was trying for. Thank you all for your input.

Any update / new information?
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Enthusiast
    I think it's been concluded that there is no video feed from the Alias camera's circuit board that can be tapped into. Too bad. Would have been nice to transmit FPV video from the same camera that is recording the footage on the quad.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoVW72 View Post
    The pads are:
    VCC
    DM
    DP
    GND

I think it's USB based, data minus, data plus. No clue how to make it feed though.

Any ideas?
    Yes it is all digital!
    How about we kill two birds with a single stone here? Why not use a xbee bluetooth or wifi xmtr or even use the two way telemetry from the remote control and stream the digital to a groundbased laptop that can write the avi file to memory? Or how about a bluetoothed usb adapter wired up to accept the sd card data and stream the data that way?
    Obviously the onboard hardware to make this video analog and then to have to modulate that analog video is a bit much to add on and uneconomical use of payload weight. Streaming the digital might be the way except for latency issues might make full fpv impractical with the stock imaging system.

RC Enthusiast
    Your suggestions sound great, but far beyond my expertise to implement. I would have no idea how to make any of that happen. The only solution I have come up with is to use the Alias camera for recording the flight and then use a separate (and lightweight) camera/VTX combo to broadcast the FPV signal. It worked well enough and wasn't too heavy for a decent flight.