RC Qualifier

Battery questions

Hi, I just have a few battery questions to ask. First, it is not okay to use different batteries with differen C ratings on a single esc right? But is it okay to use a different capacity, for example an 8000mah 30c and a 5000mah 30c? And what Is good about hard packs vs soft pack lipos? I understand that hard packs are more protected but are both batteries the same when it comes to performance? I'm about to buy SPc lipos and saw the their 6000 mah and 8200 mah lipos are the same price but the 6000 is a hard pack, from the looks of it I feel like the 8200 is cheap.

The only time I have heard that it is a bad idea to mix C-ratings is when you are running dual pack RCs like the E-Maxx (also bad to mix mha ratings as well). If you are running them one at a time, it should not matter. (If it does, someone please chime in as to why).

Hard or soft packs are just like you said and don't make any real difference in the amount of power they produce. You might argue that hard case lipos weigh more, and might cause you to be a little slower, but I really don't think so.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Great, thanks for the info! So I guess it's more than okay to use two different mah. And I'll go soft case as it is a lot cheaper compared to hardcsse. Thanks!

Just be aware that most tracks specify hardcase packs only (also a ROAR competiton rule) due to the added durability. The case reduces the risk of cell damage in use and associated risk of a lipo fire. This may not matter to you for private use but thought you should be aware. One advantage of soft packs though is that it's much easier to spot a pack that is starting to puff and on its way out.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Qualifier
    Idont race at all so it's okay. If I put like styrofoam or some bubble wrap around the soft case to its safe, would it be okay. I was thinking it will heat the plastic. And how long do SPc lipos ship?

RC Champion
    I have soft and hard case lipos. I've never had an issue with either. With that being said you can run the soft lipo bare without issues.

RC Qualifier
    Ok great. My lipos still haven't come yet. How long do SPc lipos ship? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    Ok great. My lipos still haven't come yet. How long do SPc lipos ship? Thanks
    SPC batteries ship faster than anything i have EVER ordered. No joking...I have ordered twice and both times they were in the mailbox three days later. Not only is their shipping the fastest i have ever seen, their packs are just plain awesome.

I wont buy packs any where else now lol 5 star rating on price, quality and shipping.
    Race em Clean em Wrench em Repeat...

RC Qualifier
    Haha, nice. Then I should be able to receive them today. Haven't driven my slash in like half a year! I'm excited, just like the first time I got my slash (: