Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My P4de!!

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Well I thought I would throw up a thread of my P4de. I have had this one for a couple years now. It's one of the very few trucks I have that I actually didn't build my self. Bought this one used a couple years ago from a member on the forums, pavmentsurfer. Truck has lots of upgrades. Recently took it apart to clean it up a little and replace bearings etc...

MMP/3800kv (run on 2's only)
    King Headz Motor Mount
    MIP CVD's on all 4's
    RPM Towers
    RPM Arms (going to replace them, there a little old and tired, more droop and flex than id like)
    TRX Big Bores
    TRX Aluminum Carriers Front and Rear
    TRX Aluminum Castors
    TRX 2075 Servo
    RPM Bumper
    TRX Wheelie Bar
    2.8 Trenchers on Desperados

Now what I have planned:

I am sick of stripping wheels, this is the only truck ive had this issue, I epoxied the wheel hexes into the wheels and have no issues since.

- MT3 Splits Wheels (chrome) with 2.8 Gladiators
    - AKA 17mm Adapters
    - Savox 1258TG Servo

My Sl4sh MT has a CC 2400kv motor in it but I just got the 2650kv and MMM2 in for it. I want to swap the 3800kv out and throw in the 2400kv in the P4de.

Here's what she looks like at the moment. I bash it from time to time, when my wife comes out this is the truck she uses

R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Really nice p4de.
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome truck �� dude.

Dude that's a sick truck and love the purple ford shelllooking forward to this rebuild....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Thanks man!!! She's been reliable for sure and takes a beating. That purple ones the wife's, she uses it on occasion.

Looking forward to getting some 3.2 wheels on there with the 2400kv motor. Eventually throw a tbone wheelie bar and bumper. Might get pro Trac arms and extend the MIPS to work with protrac and I want a new hummer body. I've spent a lot lately lol so I gotta slow down. It'll be a slow build.

6 weeks away to and our baby will be here, so time will be limited with a new born. It's a boy 😃 Kayden is his name!! Wonder if he will end up with dad's hobbies haha. RC's and motocross.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 08-03-2014 at 08:41 PM.

RC Racer
    Sick p4de! My wife has the same white hummer body done up with holographic rainbow paint, looks sweet!

Sleep while you can man, congrats and good luck on the big day in 6 weeks

Can you elaborate a bit on how you epoxied the wheels? My buddy and I were discussing that as we're sick of stripping them too haha.
    Last edited by FlyingStampede; 08-04-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: to congratulate

Dude congratulations on the baby boy and awesome name choice I have 2 girls and 1 boy so no more me ......peace

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingStampede View Post
    Sick p4de! My wife has the same white hummer body done up with holographic rainbow paint, looks sweet!

Sleep while you can man, congrats and good luck on the big day in 6 weeks

Can you elaborate a bit on how you epoxied the wheels? My buddy and I were discussing that as we're sick of stripping them too haha.
    Yea my front wheel stripped, so I took a hex and stuck it in the part where the wheel was stripped and epoxied, I used ca glue once as well. They both held with no problems.

Sure wish they made 2.8 rims with 17mm hex.

I do a similar technique with my aluminium hexes and my older pinned x dutys mips....peace

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Ordered a new hummer body!! It's in but I'm out of town waiting for the wife to pop lol.

Also ordered tekno front and rear shafts and protrac spec bones for the tekno shafts, pro Trac kit and tekno 17mm adapters. Ordered this stuff for my Sl4sh but I think I'm gonna throw it on the p4de instead and throw the MIPS on the sl4sh that are currently on the p4de. Also ordered a set of Ofna mt 3 splits and 2.8 gladiators for another build but I'm sure I can share them inbetween both trucks lol. Of course with the bigger 3.2 wheels the 3800kv has to go, 2400kv will go in.

In the near future I'd like to order a tbone bumper and wheelie bar to complete the build.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Congrats with the baby boy.
    That hummer body I got lol well didn't take long for me to crack it guess I need to stop attempting multiple back flips.

Awesome news about the baby boy dudeand looking forward to what you have in the pipeline for the pede...peace

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Well it's been quite a while fellas!! Took the p4de out and had a lot of fun. So as I was saying in my previous post a while back and as of today it's official. I was set on the slash but changed my mind lol.

I got in the house and immediately started stripping the p4de down.

To do and in my inventory of parts:

New hummer body needs paint
    Protrac Arms
    Tekno F/R shafts and extended bones for protrac
    Tekno 17mm adapters
    MMP and 2400kv
    Mt3 splits with PL Gladiators

To order/need:

Xo-1 Diffs
    Revo slipper
    Pl 2.8 17mm wheels (have trenchers for them) in
    Savox Servo (this 2075 is getting weak)
    Tbone Front and rear bumpers

Pics to come soon.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 03-16-2015 at 08:34 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Are those Protrac arms a bit longer than stock so they widen the truck a bit? I almost ordered that kit too but didn't find much info about them and some said that the quality wasn't good. I'd like to hear your opinion on those.

RC Qualifier
    Good to have you back, Stephan! Hoping your family is OK, and that you'll raise your little son to be another RC basher.

Anyway, great selection of parts you have there.
    But why do you swap the X-Duty's for Tekno's? I like the extra weight of the X-Duty's because they make my P4de more "planted". Maybe the Protrac arms makes it a lot more stable, so the extra weight low down isn't as necessary. That being said, I've nothing against Tekno's. I have Tekno's on my Slash 4x4 HCG MT (which btw. started out as a P4de conversion, but ended as a build of it's own...).
    Have you considered the double up slipper system from HR? To me it looks a lot beefier than the Traxxas parts. It's probably going to be my next upgrade whenever the Revo spec slipper fails in my Slash 4x4MT:
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=TRX15GP;c=431
    You have probably seen this in MITCH316' Rally build (post #96):
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ly-build/page3

Can't wait to see the outcome of your P4de build. Btw., I absolutely love your Sl4sh MT build!

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Thanks Viking. I swapped out the MIPs for the Teknos as I had the parts on hand and didn't want to buy the parts for the extended bones with MIP to fit the protrac kit. And with all my rigs running mip I figured I'll try something new to me. Im going to throw the MIPs on my ground up slash 4x4 build which is on the forums as well. No I haven't considered the HR unit, looks good perhaps in the future I'll pick one up I've yet to have issues though with the Revo slipper. I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you like my MT build. I also have 2 builds in the rally section. A rally gt8 and a baclslash

Last night I ordered:

Gopro mount for Slash 4x4
    Proline f11 2.8 17mm Wheels
    Xo-1 diff parts and Maxx housing
    Revo Slipper Parts
    Proline Body Mounts
    Tamiya Gunmetal and White paint
    Tbone Basher front bumper

Now fellas, point me to a good wheelie bar. I held off on the TBone wheelie bar for now. Anything else out there? I've looked and can't find much besides running a slash wheelie bar. I'm sure I'll end up going to the Tbar, it's never let me down, their warranty is top notch and it looks good and it's durable.

Edit: not sure what happened I had a post with the progress, stripped the p4de down and had pics and my post disappeared? Not sure if mods deleted or forum issues. Either way it sits ready for parts to come in. I'll get pics of progress up again once parts come in.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 03-20-2015 at 01:15 PM.

RC Champion
    Package came in today.

Proline F-11 2.8 17mm wheels, gunmetal and white tamiya paint.

RC Champion
    Another package in today.

6882x x2 (xo-1 diff)
    Maxx housings x2
    Revo slipper parts
    GoPro Mount

RC Qualifier
    Looks like it's Christmas every day for you.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Another package in today.

6882x x2 (xo-1 diff)
    Maxx housings x2
    Revo slipper parts
    GoPro Mount

I need this same package to arrive at my house, I'm running 1/8 system with the VXL differential's, need to do this exact same order. Looks like your gonna be busy installing some great upgrades.

RC Champion
    Yup for sure they are some good upgrades What system are you running?

Today I'll see if I can get to putting the diffs and slipper together.

Just waiting on a tbone bumper and proline body mounts for the p4de.

Debating whether to put the gladiators or Trenchers on the mt3 splits and the other pair will go on the proline f11 17mm wheels.

Hi Steve I would rock the trenchers on the mt3 splits and the gladiators on the F-11s.the gladiators would be over stretched and not offer enough protection for the rims imo...peace

RC Champion
    Yea I was thinking the same spennie

Wife picked up rit dye but they didn't have any. Anyone have any experience with or used this stuff. The lady told the wife it's pretty much the same as rit dye.

Going to dye the second p4de chassis I have thats modded to fit the 2400kv motor.

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Turned out alright. Sat in it for about 35minutes. Old chassis with lots of scrapes and had lots of double sided tape to scrape off. Not the best dye job but it will do for appearance.

F11 17mm wheels and gladiators

Tekno front and rear shafts, 17mm adapters, protrac length bones, big bore shocks, mmp and 2400kv motor

Xo-1 Diffs

Hummer body still needs to be masked

Front and rear with protrac arms, still need to fix and setup camber and steering.

Going to start piecing it all together today

I'll see if the wife will let me use one of her two Nikon d7100 cameras for pics. These iphone pics just don't cut it lol.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 03-29-2015 at 11:18 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks a ton, man - seeing your great selection of parts makes my fingers itch for some wrenching.
    Although my P4de is in mint condition, I may have to take it apart and rebuild it again just to cure the itch.

Btw. I love those Gladiators - seems like you can wheely all day wih those!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxmaxxoregon View Post
    I need this same package to arrive at my house, I'm running 1/8 system with the VXL differential's, need to do this exact same order. Looks like your gonna be busy installing some great upgrades.
    Must have jinxed myself because I blew up the vxl did this weekend, Stephan your build is coming together awesome, I went ahead and ordered all the XO-1 did parts this am, guess the sidewinder 8th/2200 and VXL difs will work to only so long

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Thanks guys Those gladiators should hook up well on any surface. Those Diffs lol carnage Viking it never hurts to take it apart and rebuild lol

Alright I got the rear and front all done up. Thought I had 50wt laying around but had to go with 60wt in the rear and 30wt in the front. Went to remove the outdrive from the slipper to install the Revo parts and stripped the screw, that's a first for me. Don't really have anything to remove it either. Tried all my tools. Bearing adapters stuck on as well. I have a new slipper assembly here minus the outdrive, ordered up a outdrive and while I was at it I ordered up the Tekno big bone center shaft and another aluminum bearing adapter. And it's been so long since gluing tires my CA glues dried up lol. Ordered some more up. Pics up later once the wife shows me how to use this d7100.

Also, I will be wanting to use the TRX aluminum carriers in the front. Guess I'll need to order up some 6x11x4 bearings or get some xo-1 carriers.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 03-30-2015 at 12:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure you have seen this before, but mixing shock/diff oil to get an intermediate viscosity isn't difficult:
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/oil_mixer.html

Did you try to heat up the stripped screw?

RC Champion
    Yup that's the 1st thing I tried was heating it up. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Managed to snap a couple pics using one of the wifes cameras. Being a photographer I am sure she can take much better pics for me. I am used to just point and shoot hahaha. There's 100's of settings I just stuck it on auto and took a few pics. Heck I don't even know if I had the right lens on, she has like 5 of them. Cameras capable of putting out much better quality. Maybe when the wifes not busy Ill get her to snap some pics. As ya can see in the pics gotta put the front axles on, fix camber in the front and steering. Then I am waiting on the Tekno Center Shaft, Tbone Front Bumper, PL Body Mounts, Glue and some other odds and ends. Getting close. Ive yet to purchase a servo. Looking at a Savox Waterproof one.

A pic of my best friend LOL. Shes always by my side. The dad was purebred Boxer and mom was purebred Pitbull. Kona is her name poor baby has a allergy we're trying to pinpoint, cost me well over $1500 so far. I'll do anything for her

Last edited by Stephan81; 03-30-2015 at 04:28 PM.

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Here we go. Still some minor adjustments on the front to do, I need to get some longer links, I think I might have some in my parts bin. Need to mount the MMP next and wait for the rest of the parts to come in. More pics to come as it progresses.

And I might add, after putting these Tekno axles together. I am quite skeptical as to how they will hold up. I don't like how the pins are captured in the bearing and how the 17mm adapters are held on with a grub screw up against a pin with a flat spot lol. Even with good tools and loctite I'm skeptical. I hope they prove me wrong. If not I'll just go back to MIP and extend them for protrac specs.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 03-30-2015 at 08:10 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Coming out pretty nice there. I see you got your linkage set. Steer links looks like there's not awhole lot of threads in the rod ends.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Coming out pretty nice there. I see you got your linkage set. Steer links looks like there's not awhole lot of threads in the rod ends.
    Yea, good for looks that's about it I need to grab a longer set or look in my bin. Those won't hold up lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea, good for looks that's about it I need to grab a longer set or look in my bin. Those won't hold up lol
    Lol probably not. I'll look for the package that I used. The numbers aren't to far off from stock steer and don't measure that much more either. Which I was really hesitant to use but they ended up being right length.

RC Champion
    Thank you. Much appreciated. I believe also the slayer rods work with a spacer or two. Forget the part # I'd have to look in my order history with Amain or Tower. The proline ones themselves are pretty weak.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thank you. Much appreciated. I believe also the slayer rods work with a spacer or two. Forget the part # I'd have to look in my order history with Amain or Tower. The proline ones themselves are pretty weak.
    Yes the slater rods will work. Humaray used them. I agree the proline's are weak. I bent quit a few before going back to traxxas ones. And that part number is tra5538. Stock is 5539 lol told you number wasn't far off.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Yes the slater rods will work. Humaray used them. I agree the proline's are weak. I bent quit a few before going back to traxxas ones. And that part number is tra5538. Stock is 5539 lol told you number wasn't far off.
    Awesome, I'll make sure to order up a set. Thanks.

Just going to mount up the MMP now I was thinking of mounting it on its side to the chassis with double sided tape. Either that or I'll need to make a mounting plate and use the 2 holes where the servo tabs are to mount the plate. I've always used a plate and a little hesitant to mount it on its side to the chassis. Hmmmmmmm?!?!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Awesome, I'll make sure to order up a set. Thanks.

Just going to mount up the MMP now I was thinking of mounting it on its side to the chassis with double sided tape. Either that or I'll need to make a mounting plate and use the 2 holes where the servo tabs are to mount the plate. I've always used a plate and a little hesitant to mount it on its side to the chassis. Hmmmmmmm?!?!

No problem

Yeah I don't like mounting my esc without a plate. I had my sw8 mounted on its side with double side tape then zip tie for that extra hold

RC Champion

My P4de!!

Ok so I mounted up the ESC. I went ahead and just used some double sided tape, and mounted it sideways on the chassis. Nice and sturdy and looks nice and clean.

Coming along and getting there. Cannot wait to run this thing And huge life change as of today. Me and the family are moving for career changes etc... I will now live in the city lol YAY! Been in this remote town to long. Long story short Ill be joining the RC Club for sure and racing There's nothing like that here. Starts in June, no clue on classes I am a noob but I am sure they will teach me the ropes. Ive always wanted to race RC and join a club I get bored quite quick bashing and I could do laps for hours straight. Pics and vids as I get them I promise. Won't be the p4de racing lol
    Last edited by Stephan81; 03-31-2015 at 09:29 PM.

RC Champion
    Package came in today! Some long rod ends, ProLine mounts, and front bumper and skid ( I needed the skid plate as I believe Ill need it to install the Tbone Bumper)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast