Slayer Pro steering servo problem

Just bought my son a Slayer Pro recently and have been happy with it EXCEPT for the steering servo.
    During break in the servo's electronics went haywire, called Traxxas and they gladly replaced it and said keep the old one. Well good thing I did because the first day at the local track and on the second lap, there goes the gears (not hard driving). I did not bring the old servo with us so I took my Futaba servo off my Maxx and finished the day watching a 12yr.old have fun, When I got home I took the gears from the old put them in the newer servo and finally today went to go run and you got it there goes the gears.
    Checked everything and it seems to be fine. I guess an upgrade is in order (kinda wanted to keep it stock).
    Anyone else have this problem with the 2075's.

Sorry for venting so much, just never had a problem with all my other trucks.

Jerry

RC Champion
    It was probably the steering saver that was too tight causing it too strip.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Thanks ManDime but that's not the problem as the spring is loose. I have to decided to upgrade the servo because yesterday I put my Futaba servo back on it and ran the same way I did maybe even harder and it worked just fine.
    Question to Traxxas is this... I have at least five Traxxas vehicles and have never had a problem with any steering servo. This one has the 2075 in it and was wondering is this common as I run all my other vehicles hard and never seem to break anything (unless I hit something hard which is not often).
    Do they make a metal gear set to replace the plastic one's. Probably not as they have never been offered before which is a shame.
    Any suggestions for a good servo that may be better than my Futaba servo which is a proven servo on my end.

RC Champion
    Futaba make solid servos. Once I put in my futaba throttle servo and it worked great for steering but underpowered lol. It may just be the plastic. Go hitec mg, or savox 1256tg. I did strip a hitec mg once on a different car but I did manage to make a weaker hitec work. I can't remember the number.... I'm brain dead, long day.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP