RC poster

Question transmitter spring replacement size?

Anybody know what size spring comes in the stock Slash controller, or where to get them? It's the spring for the throttle trigger and is located between the transmitter housing and an extra plastic piece that I don't know the name of. Without it, the trigger flops from forward to reverse.

It *should* be same size spring as other Traxxas transmitters.

Thanks!!

I don't think you can buy the springs separate, I would just buy a new transmitter for like $30 on dollarhobbyz
    Two stroke smoke

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    You can probably find a spring similar at a hardware store for less than $1 better than spending $30

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    You can probably find a spring similar at a hardware store for less than $1 better than spending $30
    True, didn't think of that, or even if you can sacrifice another transmitter and take the spring from the one...
    Two stroke smoke

RC poster
    Unfortunately the spring is missing from my controller. Don't know how it happened but when I opened it up it wasn't there at all, so I don't know the size or else I would've gone to a hardware store and approximated :/

Sounds like you'll just need a new transmitter then...
    Two stroke smoke

RC Racer
    The throttle spring is the same size as the steering one I've broken 3 now and taken two out of my old 27 MHz. Now I need to find a replacement
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Racer
    I was actually able to take a spring out of an old VCR and it was an exact fit
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC poster

rubber band

I just grabbed a small rubberband i found in the kitchen drawer. It was a bit too long so i wound it 2 times, halving the length. At the botten hook it fell off, so i hooked it aroud a screw mounting hole a bit to the left... it works. Rubberbands do get old so it will snap eventually.. but for now it's ok. I'll lookout for a small spring. It's a quickfix but it works