RC Enthusiast

Angry ESC/Receiver Blinking Red/Green! Help!

Okie Dokie, I've had this Mini 1/16 E-Revo Brushed Edition for exactly 3 days, and I've run it only once. Today was the second time I attempted to run it. Today, when I turned it on, the ESC is blinking Green about 2 times per second, and the receiver is blinking red once per second. I called Traxxas support, and I've tried rebinding the Truck with the controller, but no luck! HELP!

RC Qualifier
    Unplug the servo from reciever. Turn controller on, Plug battery in, turn esc on. If it goes back to normal, servo is bad.
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by USA1 View Post
    Unplug the servo from reciever. Turn controller on, Plug battery in, turn esc on. If it goes back to normal, servo is bad.
    I tried that with Traxxas Support on the line giving me instructions. They told me what to do, but same result. Told me it wasn't the Servo?

RC Competitor
    Ok so what did Traxxas recommend you to do at the end of the phone call. Seeing that your problem was not fixed. ?

RC Enthusiast
    They told me to send the item in to them, and have it checked, but I don't want to cuz it's gonna cost me the shippin' right?

RC Competitor
    I would just send it in. This way you will know that it's getting fixed currently the first time.

RC Enthusiast
    I am having the same problem with my Revo but mine is losing power and won't run until I go up and touch it and give it a shake or two. I recently put a integy cooling fan and a host of other stuff. .

Yd
    Oti

RC Enthusiast

Thumbs up Solution Found!

Okay, so I did some disassembling, and found out the solution! Follow the following to fix this problemo!

Step one:
    Remove cover (body) to vehicle. Make sure to place BODY CLIPS in a secure location.

Step two:
    Unscrew the silver screw to remove the motor. After unscrewing the motor, wiggle the motor backwards to remove it. You may have to push ESC out slightly. Be careful. May be slightly difficult for some. Make sure you don't start panicking!

Step three:
    Remove cover for the BLACK gear, as shown in picture. Secure Screw. After removing screw. Gently grip on the cover and pull up.

Step four:
    Remove receiver box cover by removing the two screws that are right beside each other. They were the ones under the motor earlier. Leave open for 30 minutes with the connected wires removed.

If you forget where the wires were, the Servo wire goes in any of the CH1 slots, and the other goes in any of the CH2 slots.

After 30 minutes, reassemble the whole vehicle by following this tutorial oppositely (backwards).

Done! Vehicle should function properly now!

NOTE: If the truck is still not working, leave the vehicle alone for at lease 2 hours. Check after 2 hours. Should work now!
    Fastest ain't fast enough...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KhawajaAreeb View Post
    Okay, so I did some disassembling, and found out the solution! Follow the following to fix this problemo!

Step one:
    Remove cover (body) to vehicle. Make sure to place BODY CLIPS in a secure location.

Step two:
    Unscrew the silver screw to remove the motor. After unscrewing the motor, wiggle the motor backwards to remove it. You may have to push ESC out slightly. Be careful. May be slightly difficult for some. Make sure you don't start panicking!

Step three:
    Remove cover for the BLACK gear, as shown in picture. Secure Screw. After removing screw. Gently grip on the cover and pull up.

Step four:
    Remove receiver box cover by removing the two screws that are right beside each other. They were the ones under the motor earlier. Leave open for 30 minutes with the connected wires removed.

If you forget where the wires were, the Servo wire goes in any of the CH1 slots, and the other goes in any of the CH2 slots.

After 30 minutes, reassemble the whole vehicle by following this tutorial oppositely (backwards).

Done! Vehicle should function properly now!

NOTE: If the truck is still not working, leave the vehicle alone for at lease 2 hours. Check after 2 hours. Should work now!
    Forgot to add that you have to unscrew the one screw on each side of the receiver box too (step four)!

RC Enthusiast
    The techds at Traxxas told me to replace my steering servo wish I did but have not yet taken for a test drive. Will get back as soon as I find out if it works.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rodchair88 View Post
    The techds at Traxxas told me to replace my steering servo wish I did but have not yet taken for a test drive. Will get back as soon as I find out if it works.
    Thats what I was told too. i tried this method, and it worked for me. But still, lets see. Good Luck!

RC Qualifier
    Um? That's what I said to check.

when mine did a similar thing I didn't think servo! but that's what it was.
    Last edited by USA1; 08-09-2014 at 12:06 AM.
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by USA1 View Post
    Um? That's what I said to check.

when mine did a similar thing I didn't think servo! but that's what it was.
    Humph, Funny. Anyways, most cases, this is it. i did this fix on MANY E-Revos.