Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Really? You should check out the sumrevo thread in the Erevo brushless section. You do know the Erevo and Summit have the same chassis/suspension right?
    Technically since the Summit comes stock with bigger tires it has more ground clearance. No adjustment to anything on the truck can change that. If one is considering box-stock specs, the statement is correct.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    something is wrong with my motor plz help

Sometimes when I go to drive my summit 1 10 it seems very slow but sometimes I'll go out and drive it and it seems alot much fast like it will run 45 50 mph but some times I'll go out just like now and it seems slow can the people that had been helping me help me again plz

RC Champion
    are the batteries fully charged? did you get the proper connectors installed yet?

RC Qualifier
    Yep my batteries r fully charged and I got the proper connection I solder it my self it was running really fast but now it's not as fast sometimes it's super fast other times it's not its slow I break a drive shafts and I had some brushless drive shafts and put one of them on it

RC Qualifier
    Are you sure its switching into hi all the way?
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

Is your slipper clutch melted or worn out
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    A broken drive shaft will make it slow if the diffs are not locked. Is it becoming slow after you drive it for a while? If so that could be your batteries hitting or getting close to lvc
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

Is your slipper clutch melted or are you accidentally putting it into training mode 50 percent power.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Did you calibrate your radio to the MM2 when you swapped it in?

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure I have the mamba monster 2 how do u put it in race mode if it's in training mode how will I know? And how do I get it out of it?

RC Qualifier
    Lvc? My batteries r new and the r lipo max amps 3s

RC Champion
    Lvc=low voltage cutoff. It means the batteries are drained and need to be charged
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Qualifier
    I don't know I can have it in high and it will pop wheels but top speed is like 15 maybe 20 I have a 17 pinion and 65 spur it should be running at least 45 50 mph right?

RC Qualifier
    I installed a aluminum slipper clu but let me check it out

RC Racer
    The MM2 does not have training mode. I think jamann was thinking you have EVX2

RC Qualifier
    My clutch looks ok

RC Qualifier
    It was my batteries I changed them now that's fine but something is wrong with my diffs when I turn my back right wheel the left one turns to it suppos to be when u turn the back right the left right turns a different way right?

RC Qualifier
    Never mind it had a stick stuck in it lol

RC Qualifier
    Hey man I think my transmission is miss up I'm not sure I'll be driving and all of a sudden it will stop and stare moveing alil bit and when u drive it moves like 1 mph and when hit the gas it will try to go forward alil but it's also like ur trying to go reverse why is that ?
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-14-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttypedan View Post
    The MM2 does not have training mode. I think jamann was thinking you have EVX2
    Never mind I left my smart brain at home today...lol opps
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Hey man I think my transmission is miss up I'm not sure I'll be driving and all of a sudden it will stop and stare moveing alil bit and when u drive it moves like 1 mph and when hit the gas it will try to go forward alil but it's also like ur trying to go reverse why is that ?

RC Champion
    sounds like dead batteries with no power.....

RC Qualifier
    Are you running a Low Voltage Alarm on your batteries? Do you know what the Low voltage cut off is set at on the esc? The trans does not have a reverse gear the motor just spins in both directions .
    OVERKILL,10Sum,16Sum,Xo1,MMSlas,44Stamp,Rus,16Ral

RC Qualifier
    It was dead batters hey man can u tell me all the stuff u have in ur summit like the brushless bulkheads e revo and do u have spoilers to lock all for tires in cause that's what I want can u tell me the parts I need to get ?

RC Qualifier
    I do mostly trail riding hill climbing . I have all Summit parts nothing E revo. I locked my front diff and just unplugged the servo. It has unlocked by itself once so far . For the rear diff I remove all diff oil and filled the diff cup with JB weld epoxy and unplugged the servo . I never unlock my diffs on my stock Summit either . It seems everytime the kids unlock them they eat up the spider gears. I started to go with the E revo parts awhile back after destroying my second rear diff in a weeks time . The E revo spools looked really weak from the pics people were posting with them all twisted and snapped in half.

RC Qualifier
    Dude the bulkheads and spool on the e revo r built to take the power of the 2200motor at least I thought? How in the world is them people on youtube hitting back flips from a dead stop and jump off cliffs and never break anything?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates1234 View Post
    Dude the bulkheads and spool on the e revo r built to take the power of the 2200motor at least I thought? How in the world is them people on youtube hitting back flips from a dead stop and jump off cliffs and never break anything?
    This is what made me change my mind give it a look. Plus for me it was easier to JB weld the rear diff. At first i thought it was a cheap trick but read several forums where guys tried it and worked great for them. If the front diff ever blows i will JB weld it also.
    http://leadingedgemachining.net/foru...ght=revo+spool

RC Qualifier
    Man u can't believe everything hear that's just like 4 people complaining about them they must of had a way more powerful e revo motor to break them that bad

you do know that people only post SUCCESSFUL jumps and flips videos on youtube.

the boring videos of broken axles, chewed up diff gears aand missed jumps are either not posted or edited out. In other words, you dont get to see the high number of failures
    Last edited by noir 522; 08-15-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Man can u plz help me yesterday I was driving and my esc one of the battery cable wire came off so I solder it back today now when I plug it up my motor and esc gets super hot I mean do hot I can't touch it I put a ton of solder on it to make it stay but yesterday it was actin like that battery ls was dead by move forward and reverse slowly now it's doing that and over heating plz help me and my battry ls r fully charged
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-15-2014 at 07:05 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Man can u plz help me yesterday I was driving and my esc one of the battery cable wire came off so I solder it back today now when I plug it up my motor and esc gets super hot I mean do hot I can't touch it I put a ton of solder on it to make it stay but yesterday it was actin like that battery ls was dead by move forward and reverse slowly now it's doing that and over heating plz help me and my battry ls r fully charged
    Do you mean the motor and esc get hot when you first plug it in without even running it first. What type of plugs are you running Traxxas? If you put too much solder on the Traxxas plugs it's easy for the terminals to touch . Did you put heat shrink on the wires so that they don't short out. A picture would help out a lot you should try posting some pics. It could make things so much easier at times. Sounds like you need more practice at soldering . After you solder next time try snapping that solder joint with your bare hands . Make sure you let it COOL OFF FIRST. It should not break if so try again.

Have you ever thought about getting a job at Traxxas torture testing some of their vehicles . I'm sure you would be good at it. I thought I was rough on my toys.
    Last edited by malonefamily2003; 08-15-2014 at 10:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Lol I have alot of solder on it cause it kept breaking and I'm not sure what plug it is all I know is it is a battery plug it has been workin fine for like 3 days..what's the best battery plug out I'll buy it I really need one
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-16-2014 at 12:09 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey man that's what it was way to much solder.i had the solder 1 inch a cross and half a inch thick lol. Man I really do appreciate ur help and everyone else's I have learned alot because of all yall. And yes I am ruff on my rc that's why I bought the summit cause I hear it can take a beating I had to see it for my self .I rate the summit a 9 and a half usually rc don't get even over a 5 cause they have break and threw away but this thing is just taking a beating and still rolling. A rc life span with me is tops 3 days this thing has last me over 3 weeks and still going.i have been threw deep water I have road across ponds over 25 feet deep I have been threw mud that would make most rc trucks not even think about going a cross this summit is the best rc I ever had hands down . I know I am going to break some parts hear and thier love my summit this thing gets the job done I love to see that mud flyin up about 7 to 10 feet high in the air that's awesome. My brother has a gas powered monster truck and when it comes to mud and going across ponds the summit destroys it very badly ..thanks for ur help again man
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-16-2014 at 12:51 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey man i wonder why my esc battery wire keeps coming of I'll have it solder good and it will just come off after a few runs?

RC Qualifier
    Just because there is lots of solder on it don't mean it's strong. Have you tried the flux ? Maybe you should get a stock summit to use when this one is down.

RC Qualifier
    You really need to post some pictures of what you are doing in order for people to properly help you. Other members have asked for pics before, and after painfully reading this thread I think that they are absolutely essential

RC Qualifier
    I'm still having problems postin pics on this traxxas site man

RC Champion
    What type of soldering iron are you using? What type of connector are you using?
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Champion
    here you go, now you can post pics, http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sting-Tutorial
    I'm still having problems postin pics on this traxxas site man

RC Qualifier
    I'm using a wireless 8 watt solder the connector I'm not sure I bought them off ebay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast