RC Racer

DR1 slow going forward?

I have a new DR1 and really like it so far. One issue I am having is that the forward flight is so slow, about 1/2 the speed that it can fly in reverse.

I have tried calibrating it multiple times, I have tried it in expert mode, etc...

The controls seem very responsive, throttle, rotating it, etc... But when it comes to flying it around, it is extremely slow, lazy even...

That's indoors... When I am outside, if there is even a hint at a breeze, and I mean a HINT of one, you really cannot fly it... It doesn't have enough forward thrust to even hover, you usually have to fly it backwards to get enough thrust to move against the breeze...

Is there any way to adjust this, or is mine just flunky?

I have seen videos on YouTube where it seems to fly around pretty quick, but mine doesn't fly at a fraction of those speeds...

RC Qualifier
    check that the servos are moving the swash plates propely.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by knall View Post
    check that the servos are moving the swash plates propely.
    I did, and it seems to move the swash plate more in reverse than forward. Like it physically has more travel in that direction, or maybe there is less resistance for some reason, so it is able to physically move it more than in the forward direction.

So it literally flies twice as fast in reverse as it does going forward.

I can play with the settings on the remote to increase responsiveness and all that, and it does help it move forward faster, but then when you hit reverse it reacts almost violently....

Any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    Well theres your problem..... move the servo arm.

RC poster

DR1 slow going forward

I am final, I am sorry, but it at all does not approach me. Who else, what can prompt?