RC Competitor

MY ALIAS...LOST...GONE... "Last Night"

I was out last night flying my Alias around 8:30pm... There was a Slight Breeze in the Air so I was keeping my Alias fairly low I was only about 15 feet above the roof tops & trees... I thought that was Low enough but than my Alias started to struggle "Shake a bit in the wind" & my efforts to bring it closer & lower it kept getting further away from me... Than another gust came & it went really HI this time to the point I could hardly see the Orange & White LEDS on the Copter I cut all throttle power to the copter to make it drop fast but the wind seemed to keep it hanging airborne... I Started to panic because the remote was BEEPING LOW BATTERY & LAND...But my Alias was still wobbling in the Wind & not getting closer to ME "Like my controls were helping but the copter kept struggling to the flight controls"... Well I LOST LINE OF SIGHT of my ALIAS & have NO WARE where it CRASH LANDED... All's I know is the General Area where I last seen it... Myself & Neighbor went looking for it but could NOT FIND it... I plan on looking for it today in the daylight.... Man My Girlfriend/soon to be Wife is going to be MAD when I tell her I LOST IT... Hopefully with my DAY OFF today and searching the neighborhood I can FIND my Alias.... DARN I started to ENJOY Flying my ALIAS..... Maybe my Girlfriend/soon to be wife will let me order another one today...
    FYI- Can I just buy the COPTER ONLY because my Remote is still Good Nothing wrong with it.... But I am assuming the Alias's are built to bind with that Copter & wont work with a different one.. But would be cool if I can use the same one..... Has anyone else lost there Alias...

I know how you feel. I had a micro heli that landed in the soybean field. Nowhere to be found.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    that's a bummer and hope you find it! you can bind up to 10 different Alias' to one remote, but unfortunately... they do not sell the Alias separately from the remote. you cant buy just the board either but a few of the ebayers offer the board as a spare part on occasion. if you could get the board, and you have enough of the major spare parts, you could buy what you need and build one then bind it to your existing Tx but it might be better just to get a new one and save the Tx for a spare?

hopefully... you will find it .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Enthusiast
    I built my second Alias from parts. I used MMW motors, Boca upgrade bearings, and the blue shafts. I bought the receiver board and transmitter on E-Bay. I was able to choose the colors I wanted for the props, lenses, frame, and canopy. If you don't want a second transmitter, you can save that money. All the parts are available from various sites on the Net (all are available on E-Bay).

RC Racer
    The transmitter is pretty cheap, so there isn't a lot of advantage to trying to buy "just the quad".

Two tips for new flyers: Always fly only upwind so it blows back towards you. Never fly where it might go into the sun and you lose track of it. Make it three tips. Use a sharpie to put your phone number on one prop. Can't hurt.

And yes...I lost mine by not following the above advice. Lost for three days, but I was stubborn and finally found it. If in a dirt area, drag a heavy stick as you search to keep track of what you've covered.
    Last edited by Jeremy1; 08-15-2014 at 04:30 PM.

RC Competitor
    Looked for my Alias again today... NO LUCK... NONE of my neighbors or people walking around seen it... I have covered a 6 block radius in 4 different directions already... What the heck its a darn HELI how hard could it be to find the THING... THIS STINKS... I've been looking on all Roof's / Flower Bed's / Driveways / Backyards / Front yards / Under Car's / Inside Trees & tops of Trees / Posted on FB I lost a HELI & Even posted on CL / NOTHING HOW COME NO ONE ON THE PLANET CANT SPOT A HELI.... OF COURSE no one give's a DARN because its not there's that WHY
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-17-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    Don't be mad about people who can't find it. Remeber it's your fault no theirs and you're lucky they're actually helping you. Maybe borrow an fpv drone? That'll be a it easier

RC poster
    Being a new Pilot and wanting to video from high above my home (QTH) I learned the same lesson but with a different brand quad that I have been flying for over 3 months. I wanted to video the sunset. This required me to fly at least 200 feet high at dusk. I lost orientation and the breeze that high was causing my quad to drift. At ground level no breeze. Lesson learned. Make a long story short. I cut the throttle and my quad crashed on my neighbors roof 600 feet away. Got it back the next day. I have flown my Alias 3 times (just got it a week or 3 ago) and never over about 20 feet high. I was flying it today to see how it handled windy conditions and I have to admit it can take some wind for sure.

RC poster
    latrax should really sell BNF's.....they do that heli replacement program for 75.00....so we know they can.