RC poster

Alias Camera SD Card Class?

Hello all, I just picked up my camera from my local hobby store and was wondering if there is any specific Class of Micro SD Card that performs best with this camera. I have a Möbius Actioncam and they recommend a Class 4 for best results and was curious if there was a Class that anyone found to provide the best recording. Thank you in advance for your time and happy flying!

RC poster
    I was always told the higher the class the better. I just got the camera also and was planning on a class 10

RC Qualifier
    I don't know about the Mobius... I have an 808 that suggested a class 6 or higher. I use class 10's in it as well as my Alias camera.
    yes, correct... the higher the class, the better it is .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC poster
    Ok, was kinda what I was thinking as far as the higher the class the better. Thank you for you fast responses.

What is the difference between classes?
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    What is the difference between classes?
    the higher the class, the better the quality of the video it takes. I believe the class indicates the write speed of the card, but I might be mistaken on that? I just remember that when I bought one for my 808, and researched it on the RCG forum in that thread... they stated that the higher class cards generate better resolution in the videos and that if you went below the cameras rating for it... you would see poor resolution, pixilation, and other artifacts in the video.

RC poster

SD Class Card

I have tried class 4 and a class 10 and I STILL get jello video

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-25-2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliass View Post
    I have tried class 4 and a class 10 and I STILL get jello video

Any ideas?
    can you post the video? I did a 7 minute flight today with a light upper level breeze, just slowly hovering around shooting video and stills and no jello. a lot depends on how you are trying to fly it, what conditions you are flying it in, and how smooth your stick movements are. this camera does not do well in low light, winds or breezes. it also does not do well if you are trying to fly it the same way you would if it didn't have a camera. I don't know how you use yours, or under what conditions, and any of this may not be of help? when I fly mine... I fly it in exp1 mode, being very careful and smooth with stick movements basically just letting it float around in hover using small stick corrections to keep it on track. with the rudder, the same thing... small movements on the stick to turn it in the direction I want to record or do a still. not all of my videos are jello free, and there are some that have it. those videos with jello all shared the same thing (or things) in common... wind, low light, flying too fast.
    I may try to upload mine tonight but youtube says 4 hours! it will be an upload while I sleep scenario, but will try to get it up for you to see .

it would be very helpful to see the video you did.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 08-25-2014 at 08:16 AM.