RC Enthusiast

17mm 3.2 Revolvers - Chrome

Hello - I've been pretty lucky and never stripped out a hex. Not until I dropped a MM2 2200 in my P4DE. This thing was a real treat to drive until the front tires started ballooning and I had no power in the rear - stripped right rear Trencher\Desperado.

Now its time to convert to 17mm and I'm wondering if anyone has the chrome Revolvers? I really like the look of the chrome but had an issue with a set of RPM Monster Clawz that were blue chrome. When I glued the tire the CA glue stripped the finish to bare white where it came in contact and began flaking after that.

Anyone know if the chrome revolvers are plated the same or if the finish is more durable than I previously encountered? Any other 3.2 wheels to consider? I'm wanting to stretch Trenchers on them again.

And lastly if anyone had a similar issue stripping a 12mm Trencher on Desperado and has an extra to sell let me know-Id like to have a full set to pass over to my son who currently runs Badlands on Desperados but really likes the Trenchers. Tks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SV8T View Post
    Hello - I've been pretty lucky and never stripped out a hex. Not until I dropped a MM2 2200 in my P4DE. This thing was a real treat to drive until the front tires started ballooning and I had no power in the rear - stripped right rear Trencher\Desperado.

Now its time to convert to 17mm and I'm wondering if anyone has the chrome Revolvers? I really like the look of the chrome but had an issue with a set of RPM Monster Clawz that were blue chrome. When I glued the tire the CA glue stripped the finish to bare white where it came in contact and began flaking after that.

Anyone know if the chrome revolvers are plated the same or if the finish is more durable than I previously encountered? Any other 3.2 wheels to consider? I'm wanting to stretch Trenchers on them again.

And lastly if anyone had a similar issue stripping a 12mm Trencher on Desperado and has an extra to sell let me know-Id like to have a full set to pass over to my son who currently runs Badlands on Desperados but really likes the Trenchers. Tks!
    I didn't notice my chrome coming off or turning white after glueing. I have that set up trenchers on 3.2 revolvers. But the chrome is coming off due to the road surface. Barely noticeable though