RC Enthusiast

Slayer pro wont idle

Hi everyone, i need help, my slayer pro witch i bought 2 years ago would no idle with out taking off.If i press on the brakes it would shut off. Thanks need help!!!!!

RC Champion
    Sounds like a stretched clutch bell spring. Just drop the engine and pop open that sucker. The CB is only held on with a "E" clip. It can be taken off with a simple small screwdriver.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks alot....... While i was waiting from a response i was searching here in the community and found out that the clutch spring must be the problem,my truck starts fine with the wheels off the ground, but once i either press the brake or put it back on the ground the truck dies, shifts good drives good so.......

RC Champion
    Yep! Cheap fix. I would upgrade to a 3 shoe clutch but that's only needed if the losi carb or aftermarket pipe is put on. Hot racing makes a good one. I personally got the st racing one which worked pretty good.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks man, i just order the stock one from amzon, should be here in a week, i'll let u know how it went.....i hope thats the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Yep! Cheap fix. I would upgrade to a 3 shoe clutch but that's only needed if the losi carb or aftermarket pipe is put on. Hot racing makes a good one. I personally got the st racing one which worked pretty good.
    You don't need a losi carb or aftermarket pipe to do a clutch upgrade. Those items have nothing to do with it. The clutch is an upgrade whenever item. The stock clutch spring normally breaks on it's own with a stock engine. I run the M2C racing clutch and it's held up great. The MIP clutch is also another good upgrade. It's like the stock one only it has more mounting holes in the shoes to adjust stall and engagement firmness, also the spring is a bit better.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi guys im back..... So yesterday i received my clutch shoe and spring.I took the old one out(process went smooth) when i took it out the clutch spring was broken from one end, the clutch shoes seem pretty good still. I had no problem putting it back together. Once i did problem was solved, my truck idled stoped.

RC Champion
    Good 😎 glad you got it figured out!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Poundermonster View Post
    Hi guys im back..... So yesterday i received my clutch shoe and spring.I took the old one out(process went smooth) when i took it out the clutch spring was broken from one end, the clutch shoes seem pretty good still. I had no problem putting it back together. Once i did problem was solved, my truck idled stoped.
    Good deal. Another tip we forgot to mention. On the stock style clutch setup (and even with the MIP setup) make sure where the spring hooks together is not between the clutch shoes. You want them about half way on one of the clutch shoes. If you put it between the shoes it can over stress where the spring is hooked on itself and cause it to prematurely break again.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok perfect guys thats exactly what i did, hook the spring halfways on one of the clutch shoes.