RC poster

Question Braking Power of KB Rally Car

Hello all,

I recently bought a Rally VXL. In the company that I work, I am the fourth Rally VXL. While the others manage to lock the wheels under braking (after straight acceleration), it seems that I am braking with half the power. My throttle power is the same, reverse is the same but I am weak on the brakes. I calibrated my TQ receiver to the ESC (tried both 50/50 and 70/30 settings), got my ESC in sport mode (various times), adjusted brake percentage to be the full (it is being adjusted with multi-function knob). throttle trim, throttle channel sub-trims, end-point adjustments did not work.

I searched but could not find exact problem mentioned, if you know that there is any, please share the link of it.

I am willing to try anything that you will recommend.

Thank you,

RC Qualifier
    Your slipper clutch may be slightly loose.
    Bashing Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post
    Your slipper clutch may be slightly loose.
    Would not it cause slip while on the throttle too? I tried to throttle up while holding the wheels and it was surely strong. I hold the wheels stronger one more time and tire ripped my forefinger.

My first guess is that the ESC is not performing as it should.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    My first guess is that the ESC is not performing as it should.
    In fact, this is new car... Any solutions?

I'm not sure how that negates my reply. It is possible, though rare, to have a new, defective ESC.
    For diagnosis, you could switch it into one of the other vehicles to see if the problem persists.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I'm not sure how that negates my reply. It is possible, though rare, to have a new, defective ESC.
    For diagnosis, you could switch it into one of the other vehicles to see if the problem persists.
    Disappointment is the reason ksb, I will check slipper clutch and ESC.

RC Qualifier
    Compare the slipper to the others by holding it on the ground see if the clutch slips or spins the tires. Then swap the escs around and see if the problem follows the esc
    Bashing Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrc121 View Post
    Compare the slipper to the others by holding it on the ground see if the clutch slips or spins the tires. Then swap the escs around and see if the problem follows the esc
    Thank you again. I will report back.

If you want to do the least amount of disassembly, you could first bind the ESC with another radio, calibrate, and check whether that makes a difference.
    FWIW, I mentioned the possibility of the defective ESC because you seemed to have accounted for the other usual possibilities.

RC poster
    Hello again,

I re-tested with fore mentioned possibilities, cause is somehow worn out ESC, as quick test of default ESCs revealed.