RC Enthusiast

Broken servo cable

Hi guys as much as i hate nitro i love it.But ok....lets get back to bussiness, i finally got my truck running from replacing my clutch, and guess what happened after couple of quick runs my truck took off full speed for half a block and crashed in to my neighbors wooden fence and broke one piece of wood. I ran there and my truck was still on, flipped over,engine at full speed and the engine was hot.Came back home and what happened was that on my throttle servo, the black cable came out of the connector thats plugged in to that little brain were u plug all your servos.So my question is what can i do to make that black cable stay back in to my throttle servo connector? Maybe JB weld???

RC poster
    try using a small zip tie and putting it between the wires and around the receiver.

RC Enthusiast
    My servo is a hitec, so i contact them and they send me a pic of the replacement male plugs, i think ima go with it. But ima be honest i been in this hobby for two years and this is the first time this happens to me, yesterday i was in shock after the crash that i wasnt really fucus on searching the issue..... I was thinking: If the black(ground) cable came off the connector when i was at full throttle, the proper and safe thing the servo should of done was come back to neutral, right? The black cable is ground, by that coming off it cuts power to the servo? So what is telling me is everytime the throttle servo looses power it will stay at the position it was when it lost power? Or maybe that cable coming off was not the reason my throttle stayed open, maybe i have a separete issue also???