Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    168

    How can I stop my Stampede Nose Diving please?

    Hi guys,

    When I brake hard my Stampede nose dives.

    It some cases it even tips over - lol

    Thanks

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Trains and Lanes PA
    Posts
    316
    Change out the front shocks for something stiffer. Or just mess with the pre load
    If a RC never breaks, your doing it wrong

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by commando5184 View Post
    Change out the front shocks for something stiffer. Or just mess with the pre load
    Can I get away with a stiffer spring? i.e. from another traxxas model?

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Trains and Lanes PA
    Posts
    316
    Yep. It might work, but I'm no expert.
    If a RC never breaks, your doing it wrong

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Starr County, Texas
    Posts
    683
    Is Factory stock?
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,511
    Stiffer front spring is the most common way to keep it from nose diving when braking.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    6,462
    As the guy's have said try stiffer springs or maybe try a slightly thicker shock oil too it's worth messing around with because you can find a sweet spot for your driving style......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    719
    If using the Tqi remote you can refer to the manual on how to set the multi-function knob to control the braking% to help prevent nosedive and flip overs during hard braking. My hobbywing esc is set for 25% which seems to work best for me
    The message above or below may or may not be true

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    If using the Tqi remote you can refer to the manual on how to set the multi-function knob to control the braking% to help prevent nosedive and flip overs during hard braking. My hobbywing esc is set for 25% which seems to work best for me
    +1. Worked for me!

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    9
    I've found the front end to be soft, and especially after we replaced the shocks (2x) from gettitng bent after bashing . Not sure if there were OEM "TRAXXAS" replacements or a cheap repo but the springs were quite a bit softer then the stock ones. We just swapped the shocks 1 for 1 and didn't think anything of swapping the OE springs. Then yesterday I swapped in a set of rear springs and it took the dive right out!

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtest View Post
    I've found the front end to be soft, and especially after we replaced the shocks (2x) from gettitng bent after bashing . Not sure if there were OEM "TRAXXAS" replacements or a cheap repo but the springs were quite a bit softer then the stock ones. We just swapped the shocks 1 for 1 and didn't think anything of swapping the OE springs. Then yesterday I swapped in a set of rear springs and it took the dive right out!
    Yea the stock shocks bend easy the shaft is small and caps pop off. Next time either big bore shocks by traxxas or proline power stroke shock. You'll be spending more money with the proline's though.

  12. #12
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Isanti,MN
    Posts
    77
    Stiffer springs and/or preload works for me.

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    6,462
    I have traxxas big bores that the wife got me as a birthday present and after a few different springs and oil changes I have a sick shock setup that can take all terrains and no nose dives.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier Rich2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by virdi View Post
    Hi guys,

    When I brake hard my Stampede nose dives.

    It some cases it even tips over - lol

    Thanks
    I think what actually happened was you hesitated and
    then hit the brakes and it went into reverse. If you are
    smooth, driving fast, slide to neutral and then brakes, you
    will see that they don't have enough power to tip you over
    forward. Finger control is the answer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •