RC Racer

Merv vxl and lipo

Ok, so I was browsing pages of older posts. Consensus is spc but what about bigger than 2500 2s or 1500 3s? Where would I find them? Would I want them? Is the smaller truck with the smaller battery equivalent to the bigger truck with the bigger battery? As in, power, speed and run time? Will the Merv burst into flames with dual 3s?

PS: Are 2 2500 the same as one 5000/ In which case forget all the other questions except the bursting into flames one....
    Last edited by Dawgg60; 09-04-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Play Hard, Have fun!

RC Racer
    Get 2 batteries and run them with the parallel connector for improved run times. And no, it won't burst into flames. Make sure not to put them in series though :-)

The 2500mah spc batteries are the best. Run them in parallel. It will be like a 5000mah battery.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Racer
    Thanks. I already bought the connector and a few spc batteries. I'll be taking a week of my vacation time in about 2 weeks. I plan on breaking it all in...
    Play Hard, Have fun!

RC Racer
    Or better yet, find out you are much better of with a single pack and improved handling ;-)

(Been there, done that, learnt my lessons)

For me handling is better with 2 batteries. They weigh it down and lower the center of gravity.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    For me handling is better with 2 batteries. They weigh it down and lower the center of gravity.
    Speedruns and tarmac handling - yes. Crashing and bashing - not for me...

Though you can have best of both worlds, just lower the engine and create the lower center of gravity effect without the added weight of a second battery.

RC Qualifier
    I always run dual batts as well, maybe it handles better I don't know, but you get nice long run times and a bit better punch and speed as there's more amps available. Usually just 2, 2s as that is plenty fast with lots of power - with the 3s batts its a little insane lol

One of the best things about the 1/16s are the fact that the LiPos are so inexpensive, sometimes under 10 bucks, so you can have extras on hand for minimal cost, plus with the lower mah they charge so fast, I never get caught having no charged batts

RC Racer
    I am also running 2x2S to get better punch and longer run times. Moreover I like extra stability because of higher weight.
    Suspension have to be fine tuned - I have summit blue springs in front and summit purple in the back. 80wt all around and love it!