RC Qualifier

Sway bar screw size?

On these sway bars there is the longer screws...
    Does anybody know what size is that longer 4 screws? I am not asking the rocker screws... i am asking the longer ones that goes into the shocks....

Are they m2, m2.5, or m3 ? And how much longer 25mm,30mm,35mm?

Anyone.... i could remove one and check but i do not have the merv right now at hand.

Let me know!

I am asking that because i always get one or 2 loose on the plastic thread, and been thinking of getting a longer ones to fully seat. I could put CA on the bulkhead hole but that will only last one time or even a pack... and buying a new bulkhead out of the question....

Thanks
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 09-06-2014 at 10:10 AM.

RC Qualifier

-Stock ones are m2.5 x 18 ... so the HR should be longer then 18mm but WHAT?

grrrrrrr hard to find... i guess. Need a M2.5 x 30mm or so...
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 09-06-2014 at 11:14 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    The shock mount screws I got with my HR sway bar kit are... 2.5x20 CS, I think? They're about 2-3 mm shorter than the screws that tie the bulkhead halves together. The added sway bar mounting plate is about 2mm wide so would make sense.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompi View Post
    The shock mount screws I got with my HR sway bar kit are... 2.5x20 CS, I think? They're about 2-3 mm shorter than the screws that tie the bulkhead halves together. The added sway bar mounting plate is about 2mm wide so would make sense.
    Are you sure that they are shorter then that bulkhead halve screw? If that's it i can use 25mm lenght ones fine, that is a size that is more avaiable everywhere....

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah - my 1/16th scale chassis is currently shuffling about my desk in all the pieces awaiting rebuild from its former Rally form into a MERV, so I was able to find the screws to look at and measure.

Thus:

From top to bottom: Stock shock mount screw, HR sway bar shock mount screw, Bulkhead screw.

RC Qualifier
    Received today my screws M2.5 x 25mm. They are exactly the same size as the Hot Racing sway bar screws. So i will need bigger ones now.

At least i try! Until next time.... now for m2.5 x 30mm or 35mm if i can find ones!