Thread: Neewer Motors

RC Qualifier

Neewer Motors

anyone have any experience with the brand Neewer? they have some budget motors on amazon/ebay
    since my 3800kv castle seems to be running a little hot and im geared 11/54 and the problem I'm facing is there are no 5mm bore pinions that will go lower and work....I figured I could try this out. Its 4 pole and a much lower KV.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mikebruns View Post
    anyone have any experience with the brand Neewer? they have some budget motors on amazon/ebay
    since my 3800kv castle seems to be running a little hot and im geared 11/54 and the problem I'm facing is there are no 5mm bore pinions that will go lower and work....I figured I could try this out. Its 4 pole and a much lower KV.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I run the 4068 2650kv. No problems. Well except for my cartwheels and a wire came off. But after fixing it, it runs good. For the price really can't beat it.

RC Qualifier
    what gearing are you running? or what would be a good baseline for a motor with this low of KV

I would go with the same size motor as ER33 and stay under 3000kv if you are going to run 3s with no heat problems....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I got the 2050 as it was the only one in the 2000-3000 range that was prime shipping eligible so I will have it tomorrow

RC Qualifier
    Ive had the 3800kv 4 pole in my sl2sh for a couple months now, atleast 30 3s packs through it. Still going strong!

RC Qualifier
    You probably have the standard shaft and can gear lower than 11/54...I have the 5mm.

That will be one powerhouse of a motor dude....peace

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what gearing are you running? or what would be a good baseline for a motor with this low of KV
    17/50 on 2s at the moment

RC Qualifier
    Well I have to reorder a motor now. I originally bought the Tacon 3660 2600kv and cancelled it but never got a reply from nitrorcx. I canceled the neewer since they hadn't replied and I got a shipping soon email on the Tacon....immediately followed by an order cancelled email

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    If you want the neewer motor go with 2650kv, its an animal on 3s and insane speed on 4s, just make sure your ESC is capable of 4s and up. I have two motors and both working just fine.

RC Qualifier
    I have a sidewinder 3. The newer one with the fan mount just gotta get a fan. I noticed the 2650 was an 1/8 motor so I can't run it. I just reordered the 2050kv

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a sidewinder 3. The newer one with the fan mount just gotta get a fan. I noticed the 2650 was an 1/8 motor so I can't run it. I just reordered the 2050kv
    Y can't you run the 1/8

RC Qualifier
    Would the sv3 have an issue running that motor on 2s?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Would the sv3 have an issue running that motor on 2s?
    That's a good question. One I don't have the answer to. I run the hobbywing sc8 esc. I don't know how it compares to castles. I want to say its like the sidewinder sct esc. Don't quote me on that. Maybe spennie and humayrayakongkinaon or someone that deals with the castle stuff can chime in on your question.

RC Qualifier
    The sv3 is a sidewinder 3... it stands for sidewinder version 3

Dude your esc will be fine as long as you stay on 2s otherwise on 3s it may get way too hot and shut down in a heavy pede.what type of temps are you getting off the motor dude?? ....peace

RC Qualifier
    So the sidewinder 3 can run a 1/8 size motor? I thought that'd be way too much. I'm grabbing an infrared therm tomorrow but right now about 20 mins into my 6500mah 2s 25c lipo I can hold my finger on the motor for about 3 seconds before it starts to burn. ESC doesn't really burn my finger. I have a Castle blower coming tomorrow...I wonder if it will help the temps enough to keep it the way it is as the speed and torque are fine with me

I bet you your temps are in the safe zone because when motors get to their max at 160-170 you would not be able to touch it and no your esc is for 1/10th scale motors only and the castle blower will help to bring the temps down a bit.....peace
    Last edited by spenniepoos; 09-09-2014 at 07:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome maybe I'll just keep my set up as is. Do you know if switching to the vxl diffs would cause any negative effects? Mine is a brushed to BL conversion bit I didnt touch the ring and pinions

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The sv3 is a sidewinder 3... it stands for sidewinder version 3
    Right. I was talking about my hobbywing compared to the sidewinder sct esc. The sv3 is a bit smaller

I found some specs here. May not be the same motor, but if it is, you will be downgrading significantly in power compared with the Castle 3800.
    Besides that, when you run it on 2S, it will get to around 15K rpm, which is quite low.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    yeah that's way too low of a KV and for being a 540 can I wonder how hard would it be to spin the shaft with your hand
    here's mine from left to right 550 4300kv, 540 3900kv, 540 5200kv

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Awesome maybe I'll just keep my set up as is. Do you know if switching to the vxl diffs would cause any negative effects? Mine is a brushed to BL conversion bit I didnt touch the ring and pinions
    A slight increase in speed. I just got done with my sons brushed version to BL diffs. It wasn't keeping up with my other
    Sons slash both running BL 3500 motors. My VXL when it was stock was running side by side with slash. I haven't lined them up yet

RC Qualifier
    I found a 3100kv from neewer on ebay. I think I am still going to do more temp testing today witht the fan on the 3800...I also ordered the SV3 fan from castle just because...

I found a 3100kv from neewer on ebay. I think I am still going to do more temp testing today witht the fan on the 3800...I also ordered the SV3 fan from castle just because...
    Good idea if it ain't broke don't fix it dude....peace

RC Qualifier
    I just did 15 minute bash in the yard and some asphalt speed runs. I checked temps every 5 mins. They both started at 93 degrees because the truck was in a closed non air conditioned garage. The esc maxed out at 127 and the motor maxed out 145. This was with out fan cooling. I guess I didn't realize how hot 140 felt cause it feels the same as when I thought it was too hot

I hate to say this but.. told you so.....peace bro