RC Racer

Question Pro-Graphix body

I was thinking about gettin a new body for my truck as this one is kinda rough already. I have no clue how to do custom painting and don't really have time or patience to learn (I'm old). Anyway I saw the Pro-Graphix body from Traxxas and see you only add the base layer and it's done. I am just wondering what percentage of the total color the added color shows thru. For instance I want red as an accent color, would I finish this body with red? Or do I need to get a body with red on it already and Finish with black? If anyone knows or has a pic of one they have done from Pro-Graphix let me know. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    just finish it in red. it we be the dominate color mostly in the center areas of the body

RC Qualifier
    Why not just get a factory black and red body?

RC Racer
    Well I would but didn't see em at tower.....

RC Qualifier
    Amazon has stock bodies.

RC Racer
    I think dollarhobbyz does too now that I looked around

Yeah you should be able to pick one up at a good price after some searching dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Im seeing mostly between $25-$30

RC Racer
    Ive been wondering about that. What needs to be done on these bodies? Just paint inside color of my choice?
    Play Hard, Have fun!

RC Racer
    Yep that's what they say

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg60 View Post
    Ive been wondering about that. What needs to be done on these bodies? Just paint inside color of my choice?
    You need to properly prep the body for paint (wash it) and then paint it with the color or colors of your choice. I'd also recommend using a backing coat of paint.

I've painted a couple of ProGraphix bodies (i.e. a Bandit body and a Nitro Stampede body), and I have been very happy with them. I painted the Bandit body one color, but I did a two color fade on the N-Stampede body. These bodies are an easy way to get a great looking body without much time, cost, or effort.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I was thinking about gettin a new body for my truck as this one is kinda rough already. I have no clue how to do custom painting and don't really have time or patience to learn (I'm old). Anyway I saw the Pro-Graphix body from Traxxas and see you only add the base layer and it's done. I am just wondering what percentage of the total color the added color shows thru. For instance I want red as an accent color, would I finish this body with red? Or do I need to get a body with red on it already and Finish with black? If anyone knows or has a pic of one they have done from Pro-Graphix let me know. Thanks
    You should have a bash at one of the amazing proline body's one day dude just watch a few how to videos on YouTube and take your time you will feel super proud when it's done trust me....peace..ps you are never to old to learn something new bro
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!