RC Competitor

velineon 3500 motor rotor cracked

my 2 year old bandit needs a new rotor because it is cracked .how can i find one which will fit my casing ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    It would be smarter to just buy a whole new motor off ebay. Dollarhobbyz has the Velineon 3500 for like 56 bucks. If your motor's two years old there's a chance your bearings aren't in tip top shape anymore either.
    Bashin' n' crashin'

Also, when the rotor cracks, it's 99% of the time caused by getting way too hot. If that's the case, the outer can with the cooper wiring could be damaged also.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Also, when the rotor cracks, it's 99% of the time caused by getting way too hot. If that's the case, the outer can with the cooper wiring could be damaged also.
    Yeah, that and too many RPMs. The 2 pole VXL rotors aren't kevlar wrapped so they're only really good for up to 50K RPM, unlike the Castle 1406 which can do 100k for short periods of time. I busted the rotor up on my vxl380 running it on 16.8v nimh. However I've gotten that motor well past 180 on 3s before and it's still kicking.
    Bashin' n' crashin'

RC Competitor
    sorry didn't explain it probably , I didn't break the rotor while driving ( well it could of damaged it ) . I was trying to remove a bearing which had stuck it self on but it was really sticking so I had to really force it off but during this it cracked ! It could of been damaged early as well because when I took the motor out to inspect it one of the bearings were missing ! All I could find were 3 or 4 ball bearing ! So what are u suggesting ? Buy a rotor and bearing ? A new 3500 or a different motor
    Thanks for the help

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hende101 View Post
    sorry didn't explain it probably , I didn't break the rotor while driving ( well it could of damaged it ) . I was trying to remove a bearing which had stuck it self on but it was really sticking so I had to really force it off but during this it cracked ! It could of been damaged early as well because when I took the motor out to inspect it one of the bearings were missing ! All I could find were 3 or 4 ball bearing ! So what are u suggesting ? Buy a rotor and bearing ? A new 3500 or a different motor
    Thanks for the help
    A whole new motor would make the most sense. Ebay is littered with 3500 motors that people have ripped out of brand new Rustlers/Slash/Pedes
    Bashin' n' crashin'

Agreed! Just spend the extra money on a new motor. Have a little piece of mind knowing its new.