RC Enthusiast

Slayer pro racing help

Hi i have a slayer pro so far i've got a sway bar kit on it and some upgraded tires(proline badlands) which work good for loose dirt that i ride on but for a harder packed dirt track(Chula vista rc park aka heritage rc park if you want to look up the track and tell me what tires would be good for that please) what tires should i get and what rims? Also what class would be be able to race in if i can even race it at all, do you guys race them?
    Also looking into a radio and transmitter upgrade and a charger for my ez start 2(ive upgraded to a duratrax onyx 5000 ni-mh battery for it but i need a better charger
    Also is there any other upgrades i should make to the car?

Thanks, Brett

There is no s/c truck racing in my area, but I have upgraded it a lot to run at the local track.
    So far I added sway bars, changed shock oil to 40 front 45 rear, added P3 rockers and last but not least, I purchased some factory rims and mounted some Blockades on them and they seem to hook up fine once the track packs down a bit. They are awesome so far and the guy's at the track like the way it handles the track which was designed for buggies.

RC Champion
    You can upgrade to 17mm adapters and run AE 1/8th scale sc wheels. The slayer pro is an inch longer than the slash and an inch shorter than the AE SC8. You can ask your local track if they know anybody who has the 1/8th scale AE truck. The longer wheelbase means the slayer pro wont corner as well for 1/10th sc but if you're able to get in 1/8th sc race (if your lhs&t has them) then do that as you will have the advantage of the 1/8ths in corners. 👍
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    You can upgrade to 17mm adapters and run AE 1/8th scale sc wheels. The slayer pro is an inch longer than the slash and an inch shorter than the AE SC8. You can ask your local track if they know anybody who has the 1/8th scale AE truck. The longer wheelbase means the slayer pro wont corner as well for 1/10th sc but if you're able to get in 1/8th sc race (if your lhs&t has them) then do that as you will have the advantage of the 1/8ths in corners. ��
    Ok so 1/8 scale AE sc tires but which tread do i get and do you have some rim suggestions?
    Links would be nice haha

RC Champion
    17mm adapters: http://m.ebay.com/itm/321499190743?nav=SEARCH
    SC8 wheels: http://m.ebay.com/itm/321510802261?nav=SEARCH
    The tires depend on the track. Go to the local track and ask what others are running. It helps to make friends too! Especially when ya need tuning help!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    The D.e. Racing wheels are much better that the assosiated in terms of durability. And as for tire I would go with a blockade it's a great all around track tire or aka enduros.
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Enthusiast
    Anything on a better radio nd transmitter or is it really not needed
    Ive upgraded steering servos to a spektrum servis cause i broke the last one crashing into a parked car haha

*Remove words that have tripped the language filter and have been replaced with a "*".
    Last edited by Double G; 09-16-2014 at 06:57 AM. Reason: language abuse

RC Enthusiast
    I'm running in 4wd short course and I just finished the season as champ by one point. I run DE 17mm sc rims with Proline Caliber SC's, red tubes all around, the smaller revo sway bars(not the thin slayer ones), summit axels cut down to fit, Center Diff, lipo battery with a voltage regulator and some savox servos.

in this pic it has Proline Treanchers

*Remove words that have tripped the language filter and have been replaced with a "*".
    Last edited by Double G; 09-26-2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: language abuse, merge
    Revo P26 T-Maxx P26RD T-Maxx TRX3.3 Slayer TRX3.3