Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 74
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    83

    The next big thing

    Anyone think or have any inside info on if Traxxas will come out with an E-Revo 2.0 or the next 1/8 scale truck and or truggy?

    Its been a while since Traxxas made a big move!

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    19,509
    Traxxas likes to do their "Big reveals" and is usually very quiet about any future models.....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    87
    Hello.... My first post in a thread other than the rustler zone. I'm new to rc but have been learning tons and researching a lot in the last couple months. Thought my question would fit in perfect here! I'm very curious why a very large company such as Traxxas doesn't have any 1/8-1/10 race buggies? Is that not the most popular, oldest, form of rc? It seems other companies focus mainly on them, and little on other models. I know there's the bandit... but it's very similar to the rustler no?

    Anyone have an answer to this? Is that the next big thing, a jump into that market? Keep in mind I dont know the past traxxas and if they ever were competitive in the buggy genre.

    Thanks! Chris
    (proud new rustler owner and money draining upgrade addict)

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Hi, I have not visited for a while and I become curious and interested about this post "the next big thing". I am excited also to know again about Traxxas new announcement. I believe that it is another piece of an added important information for me.

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    87
    Guess this thread is not the place to ask questions? .....

  6. #6
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Run_Speckles View Post
    Guess this thread is not the place to ask questions? .....
    You can ask all you like, but see the following from post #2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Traxxas likes to do their "Big reveals" and is usually very quiet about any future models.....
    Perhaps this is clearer:
    I have NEVER seen a Traxxas reply to a question about any potential upcoming model, no matter in which subforum it is asked. Traxxas starts the threads with an announcement, it does not reply to threads such as this.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2
    Why won't you all take over the scale scene??? There is so much opportunity you all could straight shut axial down

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Trains and Lanes PA
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Run_Speckles View Post
    Hello.... My first post in a thread other than the rustler zone. I'm new to rc but have been learning tons and researching a lot in the last couple months. Thought my question would fit in perfect here! I'm very curious why a very large company such as Traxxas doesn't have any 1/8-1/10 race buggies? Is that not the most popular, oldest, form of rc? It seems other companies focus mainly on them, and little on other models. I know there's the bandit... but it's very similar to the rustler no?

    Anyone have an answer to this? Is that the next big thing, a jump into that market? Keep in mind I dont know the past traxxas and if they ever were competitive in the buggy genre.

    Thanks! Chris
    (proud new rustler owner and money draining upgrade addict)
    As a reply to the buggy question.

    Yes, very.

    The trx 1 and the trx 3 were Buggies that did very well competitively for many years.
    If a RC never breaks, your doing it wrong

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    would like to see Pylon Racer ... or a 1/5 scale boat 100+ mph

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    87
    Thanks commando.... I'll check out the history of those old bugggies.

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    90
    My vote for the next new vehicle a mini E-Maxx! with twin 370 motors and crazy suspension like the original. would have to be built from the ground up with its own new platform. it would definitely be added to my collection.

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,797
    Quote Originally Posted by puddmaxx View Post
    My vote for the next new vehicle a mini E-Maxx! with twin 370 motors and crazy suspension like the original. would have to be built from the ground up with its own new platform. it would definitely be added to my collection.
    Have you seen AspenGT's 1/16 E-Maxx build?

    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-16-Mini-Emaxx
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    90
    Yes I have it makes me want one even more this truck needs to be produced for public market.

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2
    I would love to see the 1/16 Mini-Maxx go to full production! That would be an awesome addition to the 5 Traxxas trucks I have now!

  15. #15
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    37
    I would love for traxxas to make nice and affordable buggy and truggy, both nitro and elec. i would also really like if traxxas made more tire and rim selections, mainly tires. more servos and another nitro engine! the 3.3 eats through bearings its ok though,..i put ceramics in both of my 3.3s

  16. #16
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kirkland Washington
    Posts
    154
    ^^ Maybe even a 3.8 true beadlock wheel... That would be great and I would be all over that!

  17. #17
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8
    I think traxxas should make a 1/10 scale brushless drifter. After all there are only a few onroad bred traxxas cars. I love off-roading but drifting would be a blast! Comment on what your thoughts are on this

  18. #18
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8
    Also a 1/16 rustler and bandit would be sweet. Thoughts?

  19. #19
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    64
    I'd like to request a 1/5 scale electric of the top tier models!

  20. #20
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13
    In my opinion, Traxxas could make a big move by creating a backyard track timing system. Make a Traxxas lap timing system affordable and RC customers that don't have access to or don't want to go to official race venues will be interested.

  21. #21
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    It would be awesome if Traxxas made a 1:10 Trophy Truck. I think it would be way better than the Slash, better suspension, swing arms... and the plus to it is Traxxas would gain more fans and Buyers. This would also create a new endless possibility for further Vehicles.

  22. #22
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Posts
    209
    platinum edition jato???? hhhmmmm.

  23. #23
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Apache Junction, Arizona
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboblitch View Post
    In my opinion, Traxxas could make a big move by creating a backyard track timing system. Make a Traxxas lap timing system affordable and RC customers that don't have access to or don't want to go to official race venues will be interested.
    +1 to that, I just got done dumping a whole lot of money on two 2wd slashes for my cousin and I! (Brushless versions of course!) We've got a small oval type track with two jumps for now but we plan on making another one soon just gotta draw up some plans and get the bobcat running. If something like this was available, especially by Traxxas I would for sure be looking into it. Great idea!

  24. #24
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pella Iowa, USA (GO DUTCH!!!)
    Posts
    26
    It would be cool if Traxxas brought back the retro models like the Cat. (Look it up) They could bring it back with the new motors and parts with new technology. Just my opinion!
    Traxxas Rustler
    Modded to da MAX
    5700kV 4-Pole

  25. #25
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasdude13 View Post
    It would be cool if Traxxas brought back the retro models like the Cat. (Look it up) They could bring it back with the new motors and parts with new technology. Just my opinion!
    +1!

    I've spent a good chunk of money to add Tamiya re- re's to my stable. I'm eyeing up the two Kyosho's, too (I've had my share of RC10's BITD, so not interested).

    I'd love another shot at my long gone Bullet.

  26. #26
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Eewwuups! Double post, sorry
    Last edited by phaze1todd; 01-09-2015 at 08:23 PM.

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    455
    I still think a slash 2wd ultimate would be great. Aluminum upgrades straight out of the box just like its 4x4 brother!

  28. #28
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pella Iowa, USA (GO DUTCH!!!)
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxverifiedxXxXx View Post
    I still think a slash 2wd ultimate would be great. Aluminum upgrades straight out of the box just like its 4x4 brother!
    +1 dude! That would be cool.
    Traxxas Rustler
    Modded to da MAX
    5700kV 4-Pole

  29. #29
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pella Iowa, USA (GO DUTCH!!!)
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxverifiedxXxXx View Post
    I still think a slash 2wd ultimate would be great. Aluminum upgrades straight out of the box just like its 4x4 brother!
    +1 dude! That would be cool.
    Traxxas Rustler
    Modded to da MAX
    5700kV 4-Pole

  30. #30
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pella Iowa, USA (GO DUTCH!!!)
    Posts
    26
    Oops double post...
    Traxxas Rustler
    Modded to da MAX
    5700kV 4-Pole

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier Whitecobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    291
    They need to make a 1/10 or a 1/8 rock crawler or both. They are missing out on a lot of customers who want crawlers by not having any!
    1997 White Mustang Cobra its not a RC!

  32. #32
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pella Iowa, USA (GO DUTCH!!!)
    Posts
    26
    thats true
    Traxxas Rustler
    Modded to da MAX
    5700kV 4-Pole

  33. #33
    RC Qualifier Shadow_summit757's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newport News VA
    Posts
    594
    E Jato or a 2wd race plateform buggy to make TA and kysho look like big noobs
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

  34. #34
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4
    I would like to see a slash trophy truck! Something like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lX48G0jyEo

  35. #35
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4
    I would like to see a slash trophy truck! Something like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lX48G0jyEo

  36. #36
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dallas Tx
    Posts
    35
    I would love to see traxxas make a nitro dragster

  37. #37
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    4,361
    if the backyard track timing system was affordable i would buy it as long as it wasnt an infared system.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

  38. #38
    RC Qualifier jdpasl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    494
    I wish Traxxas would make nitro Summit 4x4, nitro Spartan boat, nitro Bandit buggy, nitro Rally, nitro Telluride 4x4 and electric 1/10th scale quadcopter Alias. First is I want to see 1/10th scale quadcopter Alias, that is sick!!!

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    457
    1) A real race inspired vehicle...of any type. None are now.
    2) 1/8 truggy and buggy
    3) Rock crawler(s)

  40. #40
    RC Racer MRSRT8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto, CANADA
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpasl View Post
    I wish Traxxas would make nitro Summit 4x4, nitro Spartan boat, nitro Bandit buggy, nitro Rally, nitro Telluride 4x4 and electric 1/10th scale quadcopter Alias. First is I want to see 1/10th scale quadcopter Alias, that is sick!!!
    A gas-powered Summit would be EVEN better!
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •