Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Anyone run a slash chassis? What bodies are a good fit? I might just make it a slashpede while I'm at it. Need a new body anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Sl4shpede-maxx is officially a go. Local hobby shop was missing a few items so I'm waiting on a delivery later this week.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magstang1 View Post
    Anyone run a slash chassis? What bodies are a good fit? I might just make it a slashpede while I'm at it. Need a new body anyway.
    What kind of look are you going for. A body that sits inside the wheels or a body that fits over the wheels. I like the bodies that fits ober the wheels when my son was running his with buggy style wheels

RC Qualifier
    This is a picture borrowed from the Internet. My truck obviously isn't built yet but this is about where I should end up. I'm using an emaxx body.

RC Qualifier
    The new chassis showed up, along with a couple other top secret goodies!!

I turned a few wrenches for a little while and this happened

Looks like the new chassis will add a fair bit of magnitude to this little guy.

And sure enough when you put all the screws back in, it all fits together.

It's alive!!!

And as soon as I replace my front diff that I just discovered is broken wide open, bring on the 4s. I'm going to grab a bigger pinion while I'm at the hobby shop too.

It's a totally different truck and I wouldn't even think about this mod unless you have plenty of power on tap. It's nose heavy but it really moves. Maybe not quite nose heavy, just more balanced than the stampede that pulls the front tires every time you touch the throttle.

I added alum front hubs and caster blocks too. It was a very noticeable improvement. It took out a lot of slop. Now I just need to pop in a new set of bearings and this thing will be a whole new animal.

RC Qualifier
    So basically everything transfers over to the slash chassis? What did you have to swap out if anything?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    So basically everything transfers over to the slash chassis? What did you have to swap out if anything?
    If you want the hcg slash chassis
    Everything off the pede will transfer over to the slash hcg chassis. Except for the center driveshaft. You can still use the front and rear bumpers if you'd like. Or get a slash front bumper so it sticks out past the body. And you'll need to get another rear body mount to put on the front of the slash chassis. The front pede mount I don't think would work with the bodies for the slash

Now if you want a lcg chassis that's a different story.

And also the battery starp of the slash is longer, other wise pretty much the same.
    I initially wanted to do a stamepede 4X4 built but opted and went ahead with the slash as at the time I had 2 2wd pedes, now eally love the slash, great plattform
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Sorry, what was difference between hcg and lcg? I read about it once and never remembered. Also how much wider are the pro trac arms compared to rpm or stock set ups? Im just wondering how much wider I would be with the slash chassis and widest arms?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk411 View Post
    Sorry, what was difference between hcg and lcg? I read about it once and never remembered. Also how much wider are the pro trac arms compared to rpm or stock set ups? Im just wondering how much wider I would be with the slash chassis and widest arms?

Ok you know how your chassis sits higher then the front and rear bulkheads. That's a hcg chassis. The slash hcg sits pretty much the same as the pede chassis. Now the lcg chassis it sits the same height as the front and rear bulkheads. Like this

RC Qualifier
    Got ya. Do you have any info on the wide part of my question

RC Qualifier
    Everything transfers right over. The front and rear bulkheads bolt right up and all the electronics fit right in. I had to make some new holes for my esc.

I had to change the center drive shaft. I should have got the driveshaft cover and battery hold down.

It was easier than expected.

RC Competitor
    What mods were needed to mount the body? Do the stock body mounts work?

RC Competitor
    So I've answered part of my own question, it appears the stock body mounts don't work unless I'm missing something. What body mounts do I need to line up with the pre drilled holes in the emaxx body?

RC Qualifier
    I used a slash mount in the front with a couple extra risers. The rear stampede mount was reused but the posts moved in a little and a riser was added.

Just buy 2 slash mount kits and you'll have all the parts you need to make it work.

Alfredmadere
    I wish my dad would get an rc car so we could race, i'm 13 and love my slash 4x4 ultimate. Have fun with the trucks!

RC Competitor
    Thanks. I ended up buying another stampede rear mount, turned both mounts forward, and drilled new holes to move the posts in some. Not a perfect fit, but works pretty good.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry man. Didn't see your question earlier.

I did have to trim the body just a bit.

RC Competitor
    No worries. Have you run it on 4s yet?

RC Qualifier
    Not yet. I need to grad a series connector.

Went to the hobby shop and got distracted by the boats. So begins another sickness...

RC Competitor
    Haha. I'm kind of glad I don't have a hobby shop closer to me. I would spend a lot more money than I already do.

RC Qualifier
    RIP Stock front axles. 20T pinion did them in.

On another note, this thing is a handful on ballooned up trenchers sawing down the road like 4 angry pizza cutters. She's gotta be up in the 50mph range now.

Gave the body a quick coat of paint. My son picked out yellow. Photobucket is being complicated. Pics to follow...

RC Competitor
    My buddy just converted his pede to a lcg slash chassis, so is possible. Makes truck way lower but way more stable at high speeds. As soon as he gets a bigger battery hold down will give report on 4s. Now he thinks he can keep up with my maxx....LOL
    Why nitro, have you seen a lipo go?

RC Qualifier
    3s is enough to be hard to handle at high speeds. Maybe it's because one of my driveshafts was broken and I was driving in 4x3 mode. The trenchers ballooned up pretty good and pizza cutters for tires make for a squirrelly ride. I might pick up some street tires.

I picked up some MIPs for the front but I am missing a small screw so I guess I'm down another day.

RC Qualifier
    Just got the MIPs on the front. Clocked it at 46mph on the street on 3s.

For those of you asking how I mounted an Emaxx body on a slash chassis:

Last edited by Magstang1; 07-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Good read man, can't wait to get mine in the mail. I have 3 girls who at this time don't get too excited when I show them endless YouTube videos of pede bashing but hopefully I'll change their mind when I'm running down the neighbor's dog.

RC Qualifier
    My spidey senses say that there are 3 more pedes on their way to your house in the near future.

Just wait until one of them gets their hands on the controller.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol. Yep. That's how it was at mine. First it was my 11 yr old then he said dad you need to get one and so does my brother. Well there's 2 more. Now the wife wants one

RC Qualifier
    I started with a cheapie from grandma for my son. Then a stampede for me. Then a 1/16 summit for my son. Then a quad copter for me, helicopter for my son, a catamaran that runs 3s for me that ended up with my kids so I bought a V hull that runs on 6s for myself.

Half a dozen rc cars and trucks, 4 helicopters and two boats. My bank account is bleeding. Not to mention all the parts in the stampede that cost several times the initial investment. And don't forget all the batteries that could probably power a small hybrid.

I do suggest skipping nimh and going straight to 2s lipo. If it's too fast then put it in trainer mode. I have $100 in batteries I don't use any more. That's 2 good lipos I could have bought.

Now its time to get a erevo brushless....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    That's a road I'll probably never go down. eRevo doesn't do it for me.

Truth be told, I probably should have left the stampede in mildly insane territory and let it be the angry little wheelie machine it loves to be and went for an 1/8 scale truggy. The beauty is, it's easy to put back into stampede mode and costs nothing to go back.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Agreed. Plus the revo is a pain to work on. I got a summit used and umm took it apart to check bearings put back together and haven't touched it since. I'd much rather get a slash or pede and make it go as fast if not faster then a revo

The slash 4X4 and the erevo are my keepers, will try and eventually get a 4X4 pede (unfortunately I washed up by accident the contact in my pocket for a vxl pede at 150 CAD) after I sell a few of my RC.

But amazingly its the erevo that has spent less time for me on the reparation table, very strong, durable and lots of play time......
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    It's been a little while since I've checked in. I've added to the stable and I've been fixing a LOT of RCs lately. Had a head on boat collision with my son last weekend. New hull for him and a few battle scars for dad. At least it was in spectacular fashion. Plenty of spectators when he went flying 10 feet in the air... Anyway.

The slash/pede/maxx thing I built lives on. The rear hexes on the wheels finally gave up. Can't blame them. That truck lives on 3s and the slipper is tight. I just love wheelies. And gobs of power on demand. I thought I wanted to turn the volume down on this one but my recent mini truggy (of a manufacturer who isn't allowed to be discussed here) purchase fills the mildly sane RC part of my life. So... 17mm here we come I guess. Then 4s. Wheeeeeeee.

Bad part is I have a set of paddles on 12mm that are like brand new for the snow that I really don't want to give up. Anyone have an easy 12mm to 17mm conversion that's easy to go back and forth? Anyone want to trade 12mm paddles for 17mm?

Anyone run duratrax picket tires? Looks like it might be a good tire for my mostly concrete with a little grass thrown in course.

RC Qualifier
    I see things are still humming along nicely here. Lots of guys (and gals) pushing the limits with the Stampede. I like it.

My slash/pede/max monster is still mostly the same since the last build. My need for speed bug has resurfaced with some new competition in the neighborhood. Time to turn up the juice. I'm going to make this thing a missile.

I bumped the pinion to 22 but the spur is still at 54. I'm going to grab some smaller ones next time I'm at the hobby shop. I made a series connector so I can run 4s. The trial run was successful.

Vorza shocks are in the mail. Time for the Ultras to hit the used parts bin.

I've hit 47mph with 20/54 and 3s. I'm hoping to break 60 with 22/54 and 4s. It's amazingly stable at 50mph even with the trenchers on. I can run flat out straight down the sidewalk if I want to.

I switched out the receiver so I can run my Spektrum radio. A little more fine tuning available...

I'll see how she runs with the new shocks, but I'm starting to make a parts list to turn this thing into a backslash. The buggy looks sweet, less aerodynamic drag and I can run 17mm buggy wheels are really turn up the juice. These poor trenchers are bound to give up sooner than later.

Last edited by Magstang1; 01-31-2016 at 09:35 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Dropped a monster X into my neighbors p4de for him tonight and he challenges me to a race tomorrow. Gloves are off he says...

Time to see what 22/50 will do. I stopped at the hobby shop to look for backslash parts and picked up some smaller Spurs. I was going to just drop to 52, but them are fighting words.

Cross your fingers that the trenchers survive.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good luck tomorrow. What motor did your neighbor get with his MMX

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Good luck tomorrow. What motor did your neighbor get with his MMX

It actually worked out good since I still had my stock chassis hanging around from when I first installed my sidewinder 8 kit. I just gave that to him and installed his parts.

RC Qualifier
    Well, I'm a little bummed. 54mph is all she would do. 22/50 on 4s. I'm sure the Emaxx body isn't helping the top end.

I'm still in full monster truck trim right now. I'm ordering some parts to tighten things back up a bit and then change over to buggy. My bearings are still original and the control arms have quite a bit of slop in them. Two years of cartwheeling, snow crossing, mudding and abusing this poor truck is catching up.

I'm on a mission now...

Can you see the video above?
    Last edited by Magstang1; 02-03-2016 at 07:20 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    What app is that you used to log the speed?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast