RC poster

Stampede or Telluride, Which is more durable?

Hi All

I'm new to RC trucks and about to make my first purchase. I'm not into racing or driving at uncontrollable speeds. I want a 4x4 for mostly rough and muddy terrain. As a beginner, i may tend to be a bit accident prone. My choices are between these 2 models. My question is which of these two trucks will suffer less damage from a clumsy driver?

RC Competitor
    from looking at the telluride at the lhs and my stampede 4x4 they look like the identical chassis except for body and wheel size. I run 2.2 tires so i pretty much have a vxl telluride minus the body. Both will be extremely durable so i wouldn't worry about it. Even the most experienced people on here break things. Nothing is bullet proof but the two vehicles you listed are two of the most durable in my opinion. I say go with which one you like more.

RC Qualifier
    I converted my telly into a pede, the pede is a little wider making it less prone to rolling over. They're both very durable, especially with a few minor upgrades. Major issue is the brushed motor, the 12t that comes with the base p4de and telluride isn't great.

I would recommend getting the Stampede 4x4 VXL and lipos right away and not waste my time and money on brushed models with nimh batteries.

My first model was a mini e-revo vxl with lipos.

RC Competitor
    +1 on the vxl system If you like the telluride more than the pede you can get a brand new vxl motor and esc for 120 shipped from an ebay chop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_ds View Post
    Hi All

I'm new to RC trucks and about to make my first purchase. I'm not into racing or driving at uncontrollable speeds. I want a 4x4 for mostly rough and muddy terrain. As a beginner, i may tend to be a bit accident prone. My choices are between these 2 models. My question is which of these two trucks will suffer less damage from a clumsy driver?
    It's a tossup if you compare a standard Stampede to the Telluride. They
    both have the same gear except for tires and body. The Telly would make
    a better trail truck in my opinion. The VXL Stampede is an aggressive truck
    and probably a little stronger but considerably more costly. I have both and
    enjoy them equally. The Telly for trails and mud, the VXL Stampede for bashing.
    Last edited by Rich2; 09-18-2014 at 12:25 PM.

I love me p4de. It has survived what i didn't expect it to.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Or you could pick up a roller off flea bay and add your choice of electronics dude plus welcome to the forum and addiction...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    ^ thats how i built my stampede 4x4 for about 100 bucks cheaper that a rtr one and all the parts i got were brand new i just had to piece it together. Good luck!