RC Qualifier

castle neu motor questions

so i was on the u.s when i got my MERV but it was only a vacetion so i got alot of spare parts and upgrades on hand b4 i leave becuase i heard there is some* problems with the merv...
    one of the parts was a SW3 and i am woundering about getting the neu motor aswell...
    so can anyone explain me what is the neu motor(size and stenght)and also if i need the HR conversion kit or is it the size of the stock motor, also does it heat alot and how much faster is it?
    thanks for helpers

The Neu 1110y is a direct drop in I think.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    and is it worth the bucks/faster/heats less?
    sry if i sound rude but i need to get answer fast because i only have 2 weeks until i cant get parts anymore...

RC Racer
    If you don't mind spending, the 1110/1y is a great motor for the merv. But if you are on a budget, I would buy parts that actually break instead - the VXL motor aint bad!

RC Qualifier
    i got the money to spare and i would like to have my motor not overheat and be stronger in general.
    also do you guys know about the 1-2 weeks notice in castle site,it is saying it could take up to 2 weeks to arrive...
    i only have 2 weeks in total so does anybody has another site that has them in stock?
    also is the 1110/1y is the best option for bashing with 3s or there is other castle super motor that is better @@

RC Qualifier
    Generally Neu motors, not the Castle neu (greens), the Black Neu ones acept higher gearing without heat so much. There is a limit of course but they are 4 pole motors, so runing 3s is fine (according to the kv motor you choose)

I have a 4s mini 8 with one Neu and run till batery ends with 23/50T and motor is just warm. Any higher in gearing will make it hot. It's the sweet spot on that one without fan. Higher gearing requires a fan that is barelly a bandaid!

But Leopard 28mm can motors are WAY cheaper and do the same. It's a 4mm shaft but can be made 3.2mm easy with a dremel tool!
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 09-19-2014 at 06:05 AM.

RC Qualifier
    i looked in the forums a little and i think ill go with the neu 1110/1y and sw3 (which i already have).
    i just have one question-if i get the neu 1110/1y motor will it be COMPLETE drop in or will i need to do some mods to put it? i heard the shaft is a little too long and dosent have a flat surface,you need to drill a hole in the motor mount plate.
    also a site that sells the motor directly because in castle site it says it can take from 6 to 12 weeks to arrive which is even more insane than i though

RC Qualifier
    Get yourself a dremel tool. Or a "cheap" copy of one!
    Best tool friend for rc enthusiast's...

I got that made on pics but photobucket is not cooperating right now... if i remember in a few days i can post those pics of cuting & D shaft made!

All made with a dremel and a diamond disc cuter!

Quote Originally Posted by tamirlankri View Post
    i looked in the forums a little and i think ill go with the neu 1110/1y and sw3 (which i already have).
    i just have one question-if i get the neu 1110/1y motor will it be COMPLETE drop in or will i need to do some mods to put it? i heard the shaft is a little too long and dosent have a flat surface,you need to drill a hole in the motor mount plate.
    also a site that sells the motor directly because in castle site it says it can take from 6 to 12 weeks to arrive which is even more insane than i though

RC Qualifier
    well i am only 15... i dont mind getting some easy stuff but this sound like precise work and a way to destroy you shaft if you do it wrong...

RC Qualifier
    and also do you think CC will sned it imediatly or will it take some time? also if you have a site that has them in stock in good price i would be happy to hear it.

RC Qualifier
    and also i do mean the black neu the hand-made ones that cost like 135$ for 1 small motor

RC Champion
    these neu motors are made to order from castle. that's why they need the week or something ......you could send/post it to wherever your going.

now as far as sites having them I have no idea. but not to be mean.....google will help you more then I can in this situation
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    thank you i looked up in google and found one for 160$ with delivery
    i just withe delivery will take less than a week or two.
    also do you guys have any suggestions on parts that will need to be upgraded with the moter and ESC?