Thread: Ran Over

RC poster

Ran Over

This really sucks

I was out with my Traxxas Rustler VXL today and it's wet out. I was driving it around and honestly, the stock tires SUCK! Mine wore out within 2 weeks of getting the car. So anyway, I had the stock tires (worn out) on and guess what. A car was coming down my street. I decided to stop my Traxxas and go off to the side to get out of the way of the car. When i started to brake, (note my tires are WORN OUT so there is no more grip on them) my Traxxas lost control and then the car ended up crushing the back wheel and the plastic body! The person immediately got out of their car and ran over to observe the car. Luckily nothing WAY important broke (esc, motor, etc.). It was only a cracked tire and the plastic body was bent (I bent it back, it's OK). But honestly I'm really annoyed that this had to happen!

-UprisingFire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well at least the driver got out and seemed concerned. My buddy got his car ran over and the driver kept going. The damage cost came up to about the same price as buying a new rustler.
    We are all one race. The human race.

those tires arent made for the road thats why they wore down so fast

Quote Originally Posted by skmfkr View Post
    those tires arent made for the road thats why they wore down so fast
    X2.

Most RTR tires have so-so grip and either wear out really fast. I understand your frustration, I would be annoyed too. But please do not blame the RC or its tires for the incident, you need to be in control of RC and make sure there is no danger to it or anything else.

What kind of battery are you running, if it is a lipo, recommend keeping an eye on it for the next couple of days.

Look on the bright side, this is a great excuse to get better wheels and tires!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Ha ha yeah I guess it it an excuse for getting new tires! And no, I'm running the stock 7 cell 3000 mAh battery. I just got it recently, about 2 weeks ago and I'm not very experienced so I guess that is why the incident happened. I just expected the wheels to last longer than what it did.

RC Qualifier
    2 weeks with the stock tires? I see no reason to be complaining, mine lasted like 2 batteries.
    2400kv rusty ~ 4100kv merv
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by xNitroAddictx View Post
    2 weeks with the stock tires? I see no reason to be complaining, mine lasted like 2 batteries.
    I killed a set of bandit rear tires about 8 mins into the first pack which just happened to be a 3S. They were completely bald 5 mins in and one came apart at about the 8 minute mark.

It was fun what can I say.

Ooh man, that's rough, I had my T-maxx 3.3 hit once, took the whole thing apart and still spent weeks unbending all the aluminum . I used my old bandit rears for about a month of brushed 2s packs in moist sand, then totally obliterated all that was left drifting around the bushes in my yard before the foams dissolved and unbalanced my wheels. The one that survived getting boiled off my rims is now a trophy on my desk XP
    Why do I have all these leftover parts???