RC Qualifier

new yellow Alias!

no... Traxxas hasn't made one yet but bet I had ya going, lol !

I did this whole thing, blades included using translucent yellow paint over a white frame and white blades. it was really just an experiment to see what it would look like, but I was nicely surprised. it has a deep glossy tone compared to the other yellow normal painted one and it is very bright in the sun light. I like it!

[IMG][/IMG]

here are the two canopies side by side... you can see the difference.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Competitor
    the color looks great,well done .I'm working on a yellow one also and a couple with landing gear

RC Qualifier
    Thanks... He translucent paint over the white frame gave it a very deep shade which is what I was hoping for .
    I saw your two tone... Very nice!

RC poster
    I think a lime green would look nice on them

Yellow Summit, yellow XO-1 and yellow Alias, that's the way it should have been.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Yellow Summit, yellow XO-1 and yellow Alias, that's the way it should have been.
    there is always hope, but in the mean time... the possibilities are really endless .

RC poster
    I'm curious.... which brand/type of paint was used? And how did you get the window stickers and "Alias" logo off without damaging them?- Matt

RC Qualifier
    The left one was done using tamiya ps-42 translucent yellow. The right one was done with testors #16 bug yellow. I have a new method for doing this frame pieces now. Rit lemon yellow dye in water just before a boil for about 30 minutes stirring... Will permanently dy a white frame almost the same as the translucent yellow . The canopy and blades I still paint .
    I grabbed the corner of the decals and gently pulled them. If it felt like it was going to tear, I did the same thing on the other end .

RC Enthusiast
    Nice job! While yellow isnt my all around favorite color, I have choosen Chrome Yellow as the color for numerous aircraft that I have owned throughout the years. It all started with a high gloss chrome yellow bumble bee paint job on a kyosho concept 30 and next was a 120 super charged four stroked 10-300 Ultimate Bipe kit that I covered in fabric and painted chrome yellow with reversed black and yellow chevron style graphics. I have a history of flying chrome yellow.... Its because it is so much easier to see and is the opposite color of blue, so it has good contrast too. I got the idea after stocking up on international orange paint for doing my friends aircrafts...... I asked why international orange and he said because it is choosen for high visibility during search and rescue. Well I wasnt going to copy him with duplicate paint scheme, so I went down to the paint shop and had them mix the the purest yellow pigment ..... Chrome Yellow!
    Also another useless factoid.... Of all three of the basic subtractive primary colors, Yellow is the least pure pigment to work with.....
    Question ? Did you consider balancing your props while painting them? You can paint props abd balance them at the same time. Two birds one stone as they say....

RC Qualifier
    chrome yellow would be absolutely beautiful on one of these, and highly visible . no, didn't bother with balancing the props. I was concerned with it at first, but after flying them and seeing no issues... I didn't bother with it .