Thread: Roll Cage?

RC Enthusiast

Roll Cage?

I was wondering if there's not a simple roll cage or "hoop" that I can install? I like to run the truck without the body on to help keep things cooler. Inevitably it ends up upside down and I don't want to scrape up my motor and other bits.

The lighter the better - if it's plastic that'd be awesome!

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I haven't seen any plastic roll cages and I think it's unfortunate. The nitro 1/10 revo has a plastic roll hoop in the center to protect the engine and it's absolutely amazing with the wing together. Roll cages take a good beating on the pavement but they definitely make you more top heavy so you spend more time upside down. If you're gonna run without a body I'd think about aluminum body posts in the front to take a licking on the street.
    I like turtles.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    I haven't seen any plastic roll cages and I think it's unfortunate. The nitro 1/10 revo has a plastic roll hoop in the center to protect the engine and it's absolutely amazing with the wing together. Roll cages take a good beating on the pavement but they definitely make you more top heavy so you spend more time upside down. If you're gonna run without a body I'd think about aluminum body posts in the front to take a licking on the street.
    Thanks for the information! Perhaps I should look into TIG welding some aluminum to make a roll cage or some kind of hoop for it. Even though I've never seen/held the steel roll cage, I can only imagine how much weight that adds, and that isn't what I'd like to do. LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    There is a roll cage for the mini summit available from integy I think. I have seen it on a mini summit project on urc forums. I'd bet it'll fit a merv just as easily.

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...ratesortby=New

There are two others available too. One that looks like the outline of a pickup truck body, and one that looks like the outline of the stock merv body, which is designed to be used with it. Looks weird by itself though.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 09-30-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

There is these

http://www.vgracing.com/mm5/merchant...=VGR-Minierevo

And they fit under the stock TRX lexan shell, just.
    1/16 EREVO, 1/10 SUMMIT

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    ...and one that looks like the outline of the stock merv body, which is designed to be used with it. Looks weird by itself though.
    That's the one by VG Racing:

http://www.vgracing.com/mm5/merchant...=VGR-Minierevo
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    That one is not nearly as weird looking. Haha. I'd go vg over integy any day.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D