Thread: 1st alias build

RC Competitor

1st alias build

Hello everyone,This is my 1st post to the alias forum.Heres my 1st alias build from stock parts and MMW motors and sealed bearings and semi custom paint.The paint shows up real nice for orientation while flying . http://s1347.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/la...0f99c.jpg.html I've never posted before so I hope this all works out ok.

RC Qualifier
    Looking good, what did you do to paint it? Like what paint, did you need a white frame etc. I've been thinking of doing this, but keeping the rear black(with blue rear leds)

RC Qualifier
    i love that shade of orange you used... what shade is it?

the possibilities are endless
    this one i did in testors bug yellow using a Tamiya translucent yellow paint to tint a clear set of lenses and the lens of the light bar. the black blades were a pain to tape and paint, but turned out nice.
    [IMG][/IMG]

this one i did the entire thing using only the Tamiya translucent paint. both the one above and this one were done over all white Alias components.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Competitor
    yours looks really sharp,thinking about doing something diff. with the blades on mine also.I also have a thing for yellow lol.Thanks,I started with a white frame, it makes the painted color brighter.make sure you clean the parts to be painted first with alcohol or acrysol to remove any mold release from when the frame was made.I then scuff it up to give the paint a better surface to adhere to. dont apply the paint to heavy where the lenses on the underside snap in.Heres a pic of the paint I use ,its a lacquer from pactra .I use lacquer thinner and airbrush it on on. being its a flat paint it covers very easily.you can clear coat with a gloss or dullcoat depending on your taste to help protect it ,mine are dullcoated.hope thathelps heres a few shots of my latest one also.[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by the realstig; 10-04-2014 at 12:00 PM.

RC Competitor
    hello LtZerge [QUOTE=the realstig;5766845]Thanks,I started with a white frame, it makes the painted color brighter.make sure you clean the parts to be painted first with alcohol or acrysol to remove any mold release from when the frame was made.I then scuff it up to give the paint a better surface to adhere to. dont apply the paint to heavy where the lenses on the underside snap in.Heres a pic of the paint I use ,its a lacquer from pactra .I use lacquer thinner and airbrush it on on. being its a flat paint it covers very easily.you can clear coat with a gloss or dullcoat depending on your taste to help protect it ,mine are dullcoated.hope thathelps heres a few shots of my latest one also.[IMG]
    Last edited by the realstig; 10-04-2014 at 12:10 PM.

RC Competitor
    sorry guys my last post was kinds messed up lol
    Last edited by the realstig; 10-04-2014 at 12:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    WOW stig... That fluorescent yellow is beautiful! Awesome job!!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks,I like it so much I hate to fly it so I dont screw it up lol.heres something I was dinkin around with today. looks kinda cool but its to heavy ,it flys but big lack of power so dont try to do anything exciting lol.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    have you tried them in flight yet? I came up with this idea using erasers and bolt thread protectors...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    another member here took it a step further and did some 3D printed ones that he sent me to try out. they are absolutely perfect and are still on my quads. he came up with a number of cool 3D printed things for the Alias that I have tested. these extensions wont let you launch from grass or anything, but they do protect it from hard landings and give a bunch of clearance for the camera.

RC Competitor
    Thats pretty cool they look good on yur quads.I made some out of silicone that are similer to that .keep the ideas coming