Ebola In America

What do you think about this.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

Don't come in contact with anyone else's bodily fluids. As an EMT we ask questions and use BSI (bodily substance isolation). I would highly recommend reading a credible source for how it is transmitted. This is just a media frenzy.
    The Super Derecho

I know yet a medical institution in the UK states that its an airborne disease. A private Company has a cure though so were good.
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Yep media panic. We have a joke at work where we refer to it as 'eboli' a combo of ebola and ecoli.
    everything being dif doesnt mean anythings changed

RC Competitor
    Just don't get your information from Alex Jones and you'll be fine.

RC Enthusiast
    My youth pastor is leaving for Africa tmrw for a mission trip and he is within 2 hours of the biggest concentration of Ebola Victims

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I drive a cab in a major US city. I get people from all over the world in my taxi. Super illnesses make me nervous...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

this is the timetable that USA today built on the CDC reports....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ient/16527143/

Am I worried? I live 20 minutes from Dulles, but hopefully he told the truth and he wasn't symptomatic then.

I really think the US should cut off ALL flights from Africa until this epidemic is over. This can only get worse if we keep our doors open.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Racer
    Yea it seems they forgot the first rule of epidemiology: quarantine! Ok may not be the first rule but it is vital and of course there are other variables but still....quarantine

I honestly believe that the U.S. is most well equipped for Eboli, the fact it's not an airborne type bug is huge....

But as the 1st case arrived all's he did was lie that he had not been in contact and was able to travel to the U.S. and risk infecting others.

My concern is
    1. Getting this under control in Africa.
    2. Other countries who do not have the same standards as the U.S. could end up with cases there and cause the spread to happen even more through our travling public.

NBC news cameraman has just been determined to have contracted Eboli and he was following all protocals set by the CDC.... This is very concerning to me.

I truly hope they can get this under control before the virus adapts and changes......
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    I honestly believe that the U.S. is most well equipped for Eboli, the fact it's not an airborne type bug is huge....

But as the 1st case arrived all's he did was lie that he had not been in contact and was able to travel to the U.S. and risk infecting others.

My concern is
    1. Getting this under control in Africa.
    2. Other countries who do not have the same standards as the U.S. could end up with cases there and cause the spread to happen even more through our travling public.

NBC news cameraman has just been determined to have contracted Eboli and he was following all protocals set by the CDC.... This is very concerning to me.

I truly hope they can get this under control before the virus adapts and changes......
    Ever read The Stand by Stephen King?

We are just one super-bug away...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    I am not too far from Dallas.... If it gets closer I am moving offshore... lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasERBE View Post
    I am not too far from Dallas.... If it gets closer I am moving offshore... lol
    Not really necessary, refer to post #2 by double G and commit that practice to memory and youll be fine. I do understand your concern though personally id be more worried about contracting TB (MDR-TB to be precise)than ebola...and im not overly worried about that either.
    Distraction is the name of the game these days, anything to keep you from focusing on the true problems at hand that have lasting effects. Just my .02 cent opinion fwiw
    Last edited by RichardTheGreat85; 10-04-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Ever read The Stand by Stephen King?

We are just one super-bug away...
    Yes I did, in fact I was at one time a neighbor of Stephen King... He had a vacation house in Key West 2 doors down from where I used to live when I was stationed down there.

We are ALWAYS just one Superbug away......

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_summit757
    I know yet a medical institution in the UK states that its an airborne disease. A private Company has a cure though so were good.
    And that's part of the panic.... The ebola Virus is only transmittied via bodily fluids.

If someone with Ebola coughs on you and you get some of their fluids on you/in you. That's how it can be transmitted...

But it is NOT an airborne viral infection at this time.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Third world countries will be the "training grounds" for the bug. We should cut off air travel from those countries. While many vaccines are pointless and harmful, some keep the super bugs at bay. The lame stream media is causing a ton of hype, possibly to redirect the camera from our enlightened leader's actions.
    There's a claimed war on women here in the states, while innocents are being murdered/raped by ISLAMIC groups in the hel l hole known as the middle east.
    Look at this world and its standards, pitiful.
    Last edited by 1979chevy.; 10-06-2014 at 06:24 PM.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    I don't think there is a panic, I would be skeptical of dentist/movie/airplane/boat/doctor seats... I might have to buy a Lysol belt... Lol
    Even rental cars...
    I won't mention the other places where fluids tend to come out... I don't fly in commercial airliners often. On a side not I just picked a Slash 4x4 roller... Dirt cheap too!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasERBE View Post
    I don't think there is a panic, I would be skeptical of dentist/movie/airplane/boat/doctor seats... I might have to buy a Lysol belt... Lol
    Even rental cars...
    I won't mention the other places where fluids tend to come out... I don't fly in commercial airliners often. On a side not I just picked a Slash 4x4 roller... Dirt cheap too!
    I think you've got the right idea hahah.
    Matthew 7:7