Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Official Latrax 1/18 Desert Prerunner Video Thread

This thread is for videos of your LaTrax SST only. If you have a question for one of the people posting a video, please send them an e-mail or a PM so the thread does not get filled up with people talking. This is a place for videos not people asking what body or tires someone is using.
    When you post a video, it would be greatly appreciated of you would post a detailed summary of what hop-ups you had on your vehicle (ie. type of camera) at the time the video was taken.
    Anything off topic will be deleted.
    Any dead links will be deleted.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Competitor

Short clip of my SST in my Garage

Short clip of my SST in my Garage at 50% power, all stock, filmed with iPhone 5.

Last edited by Sailwin; 12-04-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: more info

RC Competitor
    Short clip of my SST on my backyard track (work in progress) at 100% power, all stock (needs new spur & pinion gears, stock gears stripping from dirt getting in, truck runs slower), filmed with iPhone 5. Love this SST!

RC Competitor

Talking Small enough to drive inside, big enough to drive outside!

A few laps with my SST on my 1/10th scale backyard track (still working on layout & jumps ). The truck is running at 100% power (setting 1 on esc), it's all stock (have the upgraded shocks on the rear, and new electrical connectors). It was filmed by my loving wife with her iPhone 5 from our rooftop. Love the SST!

RC Competitor

Wink My 7yr old has more self control then me!!

I couldn't help my self, had to crash into her, quick shock swap, and back in business.
    Red one stock.
    Blue one: LaTrax Adjustable TiN Shocks, Aluminum Axles, Castle Creations Micro Mamba Pro W/4100kv 4 pole motor using stock gears, & diffs, stock NiMH battery, and everything else. This truck is MUCH Tougher!!!

Video taken with iPhone5, outside temp 22f.

RC Competitor

Red face Crashing into my tablet

Recorded with & crashed into Nexus 7 2013 @1080p, got low fps

Upgraded: Adjustable TiN Shocks, Aluminum Axles, & Castle Creastions Micro Mamba Pro w/4100kv 4 pole motor with stock gears, diff, NiMH battery, and everything else. Love this truck!

RC Competitor

We're getting better, but it's so cold.

Temp: 22 F, Camera: iPhone5

Red Truck: stock front, motor, esc, NiMH battery, upgraded rear adjustable TiN shaft shocks, aluminum axles, RC18 MIP full metal rear diff, w/Alum. 35t gear.
    Blue: front & rear stock diffs, upgraded adjustable TiN shocks, aluminum axles, castle creations mamba micro pro, 4100 kv motor, & 4mm castle poloraized battery connectors.

RC Competitor

And my best video to date!

It's the blue truck from above, same camera too, iphone 5.

RC Competitor

Wink Here's how many wrecks I caught on camera today

Filmed with a Nexus 7 2013 (low fps) & an iPhone 5. Same trucks as above. I love these things! Check out the abuse I give them.

The only things that broke on the red truck were one stock shock, from a head on collision, and the stock motor's positive tab at the end of the day from a hard landing (time for the brushless motor like the Blue Truck).
    The ONLY damage to the blue truck was the body, probably because the temp was 22f.

RC Competitor

A Faster Lap

Filmed w/iPhone 5, Truck info: front & rear stock diffs, upgraded adjustable TiN shocks, aluminum axles, extra bearing on other side of spur gear in housing, castle creations mamba micro pro esc, w/4100 kv motor with stock spur & pinion gears, & 4mm castle poloraized battery connectors on stock NiMH battery

RC Competitor

Smile Racing two LaTraxx SSTs on Backyard Track

Filmed w/GoPro. Truck info: front & rear stock diffs, upgraded adjustable TiN shocks, aluminum axles, extra bearing on other side of spur gear in housing, castle creations mamba micro pro esc @ 60% power, w/4100 kv motor with stock spur & pinion gears, & 4mm castle poloraized battery connectors on stock NiMH battery. Even with the reduced speed/power, Racing a friend/family member is awesome!

RC poster
    I don't have any videos of my but I have a sst with a brushless kit also and had my different start making some horrible clicking noise the other day. Any good stinger diffs?

RC Racer
    Here's my Latrax SST drifting in the Snow following the big east coast 'snowzilla' storm.

RC Racer
    My Latrax SST speed mod. 35% for under $7 - no overheating issues

RC Racer
    The 'Before' mod GPS speed test

RC poster

Bored at home sick

Bone Stock

Last edited by crazyboyjd; 12-07-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Here is a quick video of my SST driving outside my house. Upgrades: Hot Racing steel CVD driveshafts, Castle creations mamba micro X, Venom 3s 11.1 Lipo, Dromida MT4.18 body, Everbuilt wheel screws, Losi mini 8ight DB wheels and tires, Savox servo, Dromida body clips, Custom hex hub extenders (needed for the huge wheels cuz they rub on the chassis), Deans connectors, Team associated 20w shock oil, maybe more!

I bet you have never seen a latrax sst do this before!