RC Champion

I bandwagoned... New-to-me Alias!

So here it is! Time to break out the carbon fiber wrap while the battery charges!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Yay! Another alias! I have a blast with mine. Right now all the leaves are changing colors so I am flying around taking pictures!
    What is the carbon fiber wrap for? I have never broken anything. That includes when it flew into a barn peak and fell 30 ft onto concrete.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Champion
    Lol no it's essentially just a sticker. Just trying to make the look unique. 😎
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    Man this thing is fun and fairly scary to fly at 20 mph winds.... Mother earth doesn't like it though.... A red wasp attacked the copter, then the wasp came after me.... Glad I didn't let go of the sticks! But here's what I did with the 3m carbon fiber wrap!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

Good to see you are enjoying it. Watch out for crows and hawks too.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    welcome to the club..
    I will say, it is harder to fly than I realized, very responsive, nasty little machine.
    Certainly my goal is to get it flying right, learn to fly better then order the camera.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Good to see you are enjoying it. Watch out for crows and hawks too.
    Lol that'd be a crazy story.

And thanks earl! Yep, its pretty uncontrollable at that high of wind. Totally new animal to tame 😅
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys, fairly new here myself, I like the carbon job, ManDime, working on a complete mod myself, working up from the "Black Chrome" main frame, MMW motors and having the body, H2O Hydro graphically dipped in a lighter Carbon Fiber, then doing some Red up front, my theme, Red on Black.

No issues with flying vermin yet, LOL

Have fun with this bird, there's "Too Much Fun" to fly

RC Champion
    ^That sounds sweet! I'll do an upgrade to the motors when I burn one out.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Enthusiast
    Also being new I'm finding the replacing just one motor may not be wise, I'm flying a couple of different birds and have been advised to replace all 4 when one goes out. The Alias board is programmed to to turn the motors only as fast as the slowest motor, so putting only one motor in may cause additional we to the others, look this up on a few more treads.

When my birds finished I post pics and a video.
    To new to expect to much, Fly, Fly, Fly

RC Champion
    Thanks for the info. Any info I can get, I'll suck in like a vacuum 👍
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Enthusiast
    Believe me, I'm with you there, I've spent the last three months glued to my laptop reading reviews, and asking a million question from guy flying these and another quad I'm flying WL V262, much modified.

I've found a few on utube who are great at answering questions, Thxkid, Flyin' Ryan, Quadcopter 101 to mention a few. If you haven't checked out utube, do so just enter LaTrax Alias in the search field, lots of info and people willing to answer in a timely fashion.
    To new to expect to much, Fly, Fly, Fly

RC Champion
    Yes I have watched quite a few videos of reviews, flights, and stunts on the alias. At the moment, I'm just learning the sticks. Then ill go to flips and manual flips 😎
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

stormypede
    Yup. Just got a blue one yesterday. It's for my grandson's 10th birthday just before Thanksgiving. MMWs will be here tomorrow and yes I know. I have fixer upper parts in hand. This is gonna be a fun time but he handles the P4de vxl really well. Better than me so he should get the hang of it pretty quick. Hopefully. These are definately cool. Never thought of the hawks and crows tho.

RC Champion
    Crows are flocking in south Texas right now and I haven't had an instance yet... Just bugs. I plan to take this with me to the park! I love how the box doubles as a carrying case!
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    Man this thing is fun to fly! I'm only 4 flights in and I still can't control expert 2. Good to know it wont get old flying this thing 😎
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    Well now I got an issue with it not being able to accelerate past hovering. At 100%, its only flying like its at 35%. Could it be the lipo? I had it a couple of times on the grass with power on until safety cutoff. Could that have caused damage to a motor?
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Competitor
    hey mandime,try resetting your transmitter 1st and the quad. gyro and accelerometers next. if that doesnt help try holding the quad. and throttle up then tilt each corner down and see if 1 motor spins slower the the others. If 1 does thats the bad motor.Hope that helps.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by the realstig View Post
    hey mandime,try resetting your transmitter 1st and the quad. gyro and accelerometers next. if that doesnt help try holding the quad. and throttle up then tilt each corner down and see if 1 motor spins slower the the others. If 1 does thats the bad motor.Hope that helps.

Thanks! I'll try the gyro test first then ill do then ill reset the transmitter and quad...
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    Well the left rear motor isn't turning nearly as fast as the others so a trip to the lhs is due next Friday.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP