Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone used the Android app yet?

I downloaded it but I don't the tx yet lol. Wondering if anyone has used it and what they think.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Is it out now?
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Yes. Downloaded it yesterday. Playstore had a date of the 20th

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    nice. I just got my first Android phone.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Nice. Just in time! Welcome to the dark side.

I'm waiting on my new note 4 to be shipped . I'm still rocking the s3.

Nice to see Traxxas release the app after 4 months of waiting. Looking forward to seeing if it's up to par with the Apple app.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Champion
    Looks good, but how reliable are the transmitters and such? Someone in the Slash 4x4 section was burning through tx's like you wouldn't believe.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

I believe he was using the iPhone hook up. Maybe el sob will chime in. I'm curious to know how its working on this platform before I spend the money on it.

I read those post where the Iphone was killing transmitters. I have Android and an Emaxx and Erbe. There are 2 updates for Transmitter and 2 for the vehicle. All updates have gone flawless and the app appears to be functioning perfectly. I also have vehicles without the telemetry and the app is updating the receivers in those vehicles also. So far very pleased with the performance of this app. It's also a free dl

RC poster
    thumbs up traxxas!

RC poster
    Working perfectly on Xperia z2.
    All the updates went ok and everything seems to be working properly, well done Traxxas!

RC Racer
    What are the phone support for various devices? I have 6 droid devices and 2 tablets and none of them are compatible with the traxxas app? Cant find info on what phones are supported. Have 2 tablets and 4 phones. All Samsung note 2, note 3 and asus tablets. All are rooted but that does not matter. Thanks for any info.

Sometimes when you root some apps will not allow you to download them. I have an s3 which is older than your two phones and I was still able to download it. I have a 4 coming so hopefully it will be on there too.

I'd try unrooting one and see what happens.

HTC one m8 not rooted. Works perfectly.

I got my Stampede loaded on my Android, been waiting too long for this.

Last edited by Rich2; 10-25-2014 at 03:26 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeea View Post
    What are the phone support for various devices? I have 6 droid devices and 2 tablets and none of them are compatible with the traxxas app? Cant find info on what phones are supported. Have 2 tablets and 4 phones. All Samsung note 2, note 3 and asus tablets. All are rooted but that does not matter. Thanks for any info.
    Had similar issues... Google Play says all my devices are not compatible (Samsung Galaxy, Wife's Galaxy S3, Asus Nexus 7 tablet) Was finial able to download on the wife's Dell venue8 tablet. I then figure out how to download the .APK file and sideloaded on my Nexus Tablet... and it works as expected.

RC Competitor
    how do the androids connect to the transmitter is there a different base or is it wireless ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boydsc331 View Post
    how do the androids connect to the transmitter is there a different base or is it wireless ?
    Wireless thru Bluetooth.

You will need the bluetooth module for your tx..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by roffutt View Post
    Had similar issues... Google Play says all my devices are not compatible (Samsung Galaxy, Wife's Galaxy S3, Asus Nexus 7 tablet) Was finial able to download on the wife's Dell venue8 tablet. I then figure out how to download the .APK file and sideloaded on my Nexus Tablet... and it works as expected.
    Where did you find the .apk file?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozone777 View Post
    Where did you find the .apk file?
    Downloaded directly from Google Play via an application call ed Raccoon.

Even though I was able to side load on my Nexus 7 tablet and get the app running, I'm not able to connect to my new transmitter. The issue is it requires devices that support BlueTooth Low Energy. Apparently most Samsung devices do not support this.

RC Racer
    Same Here. I have 5 android devices and none of them are compatible. 2 Samsung note 2, Asus tablet, samsung droid charge, Samsung fascinate, none of them compatible. 3 of them are rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeea View Post
    Same Here. I have 5 android devices and none of them are compatible. 2 Samsung note 2, Asus tablet, samsung droid charge, Samsung fascinate, none of them compatible. 3 of them are rooted.
    I thought it was just me having trouble getting it, I can't download the app as well on my Samsung galaxy light.

RC poster
    I have the S4 and the App and all the sensors work perfectly. Going to add some more soon. With two grandchildren the training setting is really cool on the Android S4

RC poster
    Downloaded directly from Google Play via an application call ed Raccoon.

Even though I was able to side load on my Nexus 7 tablet and get the app running, I'm not able to connect to my new transmitter. The issue is it requires devices that support BlueTooth Low Energy. Apparently most Samsung devices do not support this.
    I have a Samsung Note 4 that the app works perfectly on. But I also have an Asus tablet that it does not show up for in the Play Store. That's why I wanted to find the .apk file.

RC Racer
    If you find that .apk file post a link for us. Still not sure if the problem is the os version or specific devices. On the app page it does not tell you what android versions are compatible with the app, most apps tell you what version you need for compatibility.

RC poster
    @Roffutt

I can't find anything about "ed raccoon". Can you post a link please?

Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    I believe he was using the iPhone hook up. Maybe el sob will chime in. I'm curious to know how its working on this platform before I spend the money on it.
    I don't have a bluetooth transmitter yet. I sent all of my transmitters to Traxxas and so far they have all been working properly. I went through four of them in just a few months. Was a little disheartening but at least Traxxas made it right. The only thing I don't like about the Bluetooth transmitter is you cannot connect your phone directly to it. I am curious as to if there is an adapter from the old apple plug to the micro usb.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I don't have a bluetooth transmitter yet. I sent all of my transmitters to Traxxas and so far they have all been working properly. I went through four of them in just a few months. Was a little disheartening but at least Traxxas made it right. The only thing I don't like about the Bluetooth transmitter is you cannot connect your phone directly to it. I am curious as to if there is an adapter from the old apple plug to the micro usb.
    I just strap my phone to my forearm using a strap that a jogger would use for holding their phone or iPod. Works really good.

I had considered getting creative with some 3m dual lock .

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    I had considered getting creative with some 3m dual lock .
    This is what I'm using:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/351204340931

Can't the docking base still be attached? If so, the lever style arms on that would be more than adequate.

RC poster
    Can't the docking base still be attached? If so, the lever style arms on that would be more than adequate.
    Android is not compatible with the docking base. And docking base is not compatible with the Bluetooth version of the radio.

I know android is not compatible with the docking base (USB), but I wondered if the base will attach. I was wondering because I thought I saw one on eBay that was Bluetooth, with a docking base. I guess I was just mistaken, or the ad was mistaken. That would be a good holding solution!

I know android is not compatible with the docking base (USB), but I wondered if the base will attach. I was wondering because I thought I saw one on eBay that was Bluetooth, with a docking base. I guess I was just mistaken, or the ad was mistaken. That would be a good holding solution!
    The bottom base of the new TQI with Bluetooth compatibility don't come off.

Well drat!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozone777 View Post
    I have a Samsung Note 4 that the app works perfectly on. But I also have an Asus tablet that it does not show up for in the Play Store. That's why I wanted to find the .apk file.

Sorry, I think you might have missed in my follow-up post that only devices that support BlueTooth Low Energy work. Even though I got the software loaded on my Nexus 7 tablet, it cannot connect to the transmitter. If you cannot find the software in the Google play store, then that device probably does not support the Low Energy specifications of Blue tooth.

I'm a bit disappointed that Traxxas has NOT posted any specifications/requirements for the Android app.. I bought a new transmitter after getting the software side loaded on my tablet to find out it still wont work with any of my many android devices. Ended up ordering a new phone today, figured I was over due for a new one anyways.

(cut some)

I'm a bit disappointed that Traxxas has NOT posted any specifications/requirements for the Android app.. I bought a new transmitter after getting the software side loaded on my tablet to find out it still wont work with any of my many android devices. Ended up ordering a new phone today, figured I was over due for a new one anyways.
    Traxxas has the requirements in a number of places, here's one.
    You need Android 4.4+

Last edited by Rich2; 11-13-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Add Picture

Sorry, I think you might have missed in my follow-up post that only devices that support BlueTooth Low Energy work. Even though I got the software loaded on my Nexus 7 tablet, it cannot connect to the transmitter. If you cannot find the software in the Google play store, then that device probably does not support the Low Energy specifications of Blue tooth.
    Hmmm I'm using a Nexus 7 and it connects without problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast