Thread: No liftoff

RC Competitor

No liftoff

Anyone able to suggest what I may have done wrong?

http://youtu.be/ejf8m7dVi6o

I have done several Accelerometer resets since that's really the only thing board related I could think of.

I also swapped the motor connections in my troubleshooting attempts but that didn't do anything. So I switched them back. I checked the manual and the rotation is correct. I'm stumped.

Thanks

Swap your rotors left to right, lol.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    I compared stills of yours to one of mine... the props look like they are on in the wrong places? on the underside, at the root of each prop they are marked "A" and "B". there are also the same letters on the lower frame (where the battery rides in). I would start there and make sure that the letters on the props match the letters on the lower frame. I am pretty sure that is all that is wrong .
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    True, true.

It may just be a slight oversight but once I saw the blades spin and ultimately come to a stop, I was laughing so hard my 4 year old started giggling.

The rotors are on backwards; watch the way they spin. A goes to A and B goes to B.

2 minutes and you're back in the air.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonerrw View Post
    I compared stills of yours to one of mine... the props look like they are on in the wrong places? on the underside, at the root of each prop they are marked "A" and "B". there are also the same letters on the lower frame (where the battery rides in). I would start there and make sure that the letters on the props match the letters on the lower frame. I am pretty sure that is all that is wrong .
    Ok, you guys rock. That was it. Took off a prop and yep, B was on A and same for the back. Will test at lunch. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post

RC Competitor
    Definitely an oversight, I never knew the letters were on the props. Funny this hasn't happened yet since this is my 3rd time changing out props.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    True, true.

It may just be a slight oversight but once I saw the blades spin and ultimately come to a stop, I was laughing so hard my 4 year old started giggling.

The rotors are on backwards; watch the way they spin. A goes to A and B goes to B.

2 minutes and you're back in the air.
    Just reading that made my day!

It's really strange when you just have one propeller to change and you put the wrong one on.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC poster
    no liftoff herre either, the props are all original, I did replaec two rear motors but they are color coded so I know they are correct, never touched the props- it just sits on the ground with the motors turning but will not lift off