RC Qualifier

Help me with my servo please

I installed a jr 9100hvs and used my metal servo horn , i noticed it was longer than the stock plastic so i shaved it down to about the exact same size as stock . I noticed when its all hooked up and i give the car some gas and turn the wheels it grinds down the drive shaft pretty bad turning left or right. I'm sure i can turn down the expo for steering but i don't have much turning radius as it is. Any suggestions ? I am looking for some jr servo horns at the moment that look smaller on ebay . Will the tekno big bone help and be smaller in the area where it connects in the front so it doesn't grind ? I forgot to mention i am also running the rpm front bulkhead .

* also i just purchased a secraft alum servo horn that is only 15mm long , i believe stock is around 20mm , i hope it helps . Oh and a tekno big bone center drive shaft, i couldn't wait lol.
    Last edited by justpassedu; 10-30-2014 at 08:56 AM.

RC Champion
    I think you need to get a similar length servo horn to eliminate interference with the drive shaft. A Tekno B shaft most likely will not negate that, unless you get lucky.

RC Qualifier
    Ok so i received the losi servo horn and the tekno big bone driveshaft , i also got the small seacraft servo horn but the holes in it are to small. so i used the losi horn. Anyway for the life of me (and i have taken it apart over 10x the other day and reassembled ) cannot get my steering straight. i shaved down the chassis and servo horn. No matter what i do something is rubbing. Im starting to think it has to do with the rpm bulkhead . Steering just binds up. i have adjusted and readjusted everything on the front end of the lcg chassis. It sucks to scratch up such a nice brand new driveshaft already. I mounted my receiver box in the front and when i turn the wheels i notice something is rubbing bc the receiver box moves a little bit. I have been in the hobby since a kid and this 1 little thing has already given me so much trouble. Any suggestions ?

Can you post a few pics? Post one of the neutral positions and full turn when it starts to bind.

Also, did you get a new servo after a wreck? I wonder if something is bent or broken.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    O.G. I cant really post any pictures at the moment but i will try to this weekend. I did not get a new servo , i ended up selling my 8th scale buggy and had the jr 9100hvs in there wich worked perfect so i decided to put it in the slash bc i want to run bigger wheels and tires. It does not bind when i have the front end off the car but binds when i put it all back together. when together i cannot turn the wheels on the car left and right smoothly. I may put it all back to stock to see if it works but i know the stock servo isnt going to cut it when i run bigger tires and wheels. ill report back shortly and thanks