RC poster

1/16 Erevo HELP!!! 3500 Velineon

Hi, i have just got into RC and im looking for some info, i have a 1/16 erevo with tons of upgrades. I bought a brushed erevo wich had a titan 550 motor and just replaced it with the 3500 velineon setup and fit it in with the stock motor mounts before it would do wheelies when i first installed it but now
    No more wheelies with the Nimh batteries. So i went to pick up a 2s lipo bc i wanted more
    Power but now has amazing top speed but the tires just spin out when it takes off , I want more torque and stop the wheels from spinning and have the car do a wheelie when i takes off what can i do to make it have that effect.

RC Competitor
    Hi there, sounds like you have a dry rear diff, open it up and check for oil. It may need some in to stop it being so open and just spinning up the with least traction. Don't go too thick though as it will become a handful on the loose stuff! What gearing are you running?
    1/16 e-revo vxl
    That's it......for now....

RC poster
    Hey thanks for the info appreciate it, im going to check that out i did take it apart before to put in the new drive shaft and didnt re oil it so that could be the solution!!! Thanks again
    Im really not sure about the gearing i used everything from the titan 550.
    Last edited by Tankthinker; 11-02-2014 at 01:11 PM.

RC Competitor
    No problem, happy to help, I'm new to this too but learnt a lot about diffs and oil thicknesses on here. I tried 60k oil first and it was great when you had loads of grip but if it was on wet tarmac or gravel it just wanted to spin all the time, especially on 3s! Running 30k in it now and it still wheelies on demand but I can control the powerslides now rather than it just instantly spinning. If your going to rebuild the diff I'd get some shims too, most people seem to need to shim the diff to stop it stripping the ring and pinion.
    1/16 e-revo vxl
    That's it......for now....