Thread: Cracked Carbs

RC poster

Cracked Carbs

about a month ago i did some hard bashing. A week after the bashing i went to drive my truck around the street just for the fun of it. Well it was sluggish and it would get up to the highest rpm without shifting and the throttle would go in and out like it didnt want to pass anything through it. so i took off the carb and right underneath the fuel inlet was a small crack that went to the center bolt on the carb body. so i bought a new body for it and put it together making sure not to over tighten anything and when it started up it seemed like it had twice the amount of fuel and power and sounded way different. so i did some passes with it and it didnt seem right on how fast it was off the line. so i took it off again and i noticed another crack on the new body in the same location as the other but this time a small piece broke off from the side. so i am just wondering if anyone else had this type of problem or is there a solution so this doesnt happen again.

DId you have the pinch bolt installed correctly before you tightened the lock nut?

Also there are 2 O-ring seals, that pinch bolt needs only to be tight enough to prevent the carb from rotating. The o-rings make the seal so you do not have to tighten that pinch bolt up too tight....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC poster
    yeah i got that. i doesnt rotate. the fuel inlet where it connects from the line is cracked

I had one cracked also. The carb was never touched except for tuning. This was the 3.3 on my T-Maxx.