Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]

Proline 2.2 G8 Super Swampers mounted on traxxas 2.2/3.0 rims

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]

Custom cut to fit these rims. Also 1/4oz stick on wheel weights.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjimerson View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Blazer gets a makeover.
    I LOVE this blazer. I have a good mind to use this same body. It fits perfectly, and hides the chassis well. My 72 Chevy body just doesn't work.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    JJimerson, you should take that mock radiator and actually make it into a "real" radiator. What I mean is, you should drill a big hole into the radiator and make the fan functional. You would get an increase in air flow and some cooler temps. Maybe an added cool factor? Lol. Just an idea

Both builds look awesome though and I love them. Kinda makes me jelly and I want to get one now (but I have a summit which is good for the time being).

RC Competitor
    [IMG]URL=http://s1295.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/Jeremy_Jimerson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150111_094616_zps3ebaa118.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

started out with an idea using the cap of a spray paint can.

RC Competitor
    [IMG]URL=http://s1295.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/Jeremy_Jimerson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150111_094846_zpsdc8d724c.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG]URL=http://s1295.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/Jeremy_Jimerson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150111_094856_zpsf38036bb.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

Cut the top out, then cut the center out

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A couple more holes and then some paint. Then a little shoe goo and BAM! Instant beadlock look-a-likes. Cheap, simple and easy.

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I liked these enough I made 2nd set for my other Telluride while the paint was drying on the 1st.

RC poster
    Ok got all my toys on the Telly. Works Amazing.

Novak terra crawl 35t motor
    Hpi transmission for wheely King
    Pro-Line Flat Iron 2.2 tires
    RPM Revolver wide wheelbase wheels.
    Pro-Line Dodge Ram body.

Scott....Telluride Crawler

RC poster

RC Competitor
    That looks good. Love the Dodge. What body was that truck listed to fit.
    Last edited by jjimerson; 01-16-2015 at 12:30 PM.

That looks good. Love the Dodge. What body was that truck listed to fit.
    Body is listed to fit an axial SCX-10 on prolines website
    http://prolineracing.com/bodies/ram-1500-crawler-body
    My stickers totaly effect my aerodynamics

RC poster
    Yes it's was listed for the scx10 however I made it fit with a little manipulation. It came out great.

RC Competitor
    Ya, it turned out real good. My blazer body is for Tmaxx/Revo 2.5 and fit perfect.

Hmmm. I'd have never figured a maxx body would work so well. I'm surprised it doesn't look too long. I may well have to copy you (different colors of course) .

RC poster
    The body is a single cab Pickup. The longer Dodge body from proline won't work it's too long. The only thing I had to do was get the pro-line body mounts for the Stampede 4x4. My local hobby guy had them in stock and I was able to try them both for fit.

Proline Dodge Ram body-3434
    Proline body mounts 6265

RC Competitor
    Luckily I made the stock body mounts work because the blazer body was so similar to the stock Telluride body.
    Last edited by jjimerson; 01-18-2015 at 10:41 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    Hmmm. I'd have never figured a maxx body would work so well. I'm surprised it doesn't look too long. I may well have to copy you (different colors of course) .

I just took the telluride chassis with me and started test fitting body at my local hobby shop. The 70' C10 chevy fits real good ( my yellow and white telluride) and the blazer fit the the best. Both were for Tmaxx/ Revo 2.5's. Also the HPI Bronco fit pretty close too. I built a Telluride up for a buddy after he saw mine and we used the 09' Jeep Rubicon body and it fit awesome too.

Was the '09 Rubicon body also a maxx body?

This is what I really want, but I haven't seen any cj bodies. I'm a Ford fan, so I'd like the Bronco body, but the ones I've seen didn't look quite right. That blazer, however, I think is perfect. It looks as scale as I've seen on a telluride.

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So here's my buddy's Telluride with the 2009 RUBICON body. Its actually listed to fit an SCX10 but it was really close. He had me paint and build it so we went with a blacked out theme. Black paint job with spray-on bed liner for the outside of the hard top and fenders. Tub, shocks, springs and plastic camber links and dyed or painted black. 21t Titan motor, 2075 servo, silly putty in both diffs, Summit front bumper, spray tint for windows and 2.2 Imex Rubicon tires cut to fit stock rims and were also painted black. Had to modify some extended body posts to raise the body high enough to fit the 5" tall tires.
    Last edited by jjimerson; 01-18-2015 at 05:34 PM.

RC poster
    How is the front bumper mounted? Also what spur/pinion is he running with that motor?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scasta1981 View Post
    How is the front bumper mounted? Also what spur/pinion is he running with that motor?
    He's still running the stock setup, 83t spur/12t pinion with the 21T Titan. He wanted a little more speed than a crawler but still trail capable. The setup works really good, but if want to crawl better, definitely put the brushed stampede 4x4 ring and pinions (#6778 & #6779) in, huge improvement.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the bumper mounts. I fabbed up a bracket that screwed the summit bumper to the Telluride bumper.
    Last edited by jjimerson; 01-20-2015 at 09:49 PM.

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]

So I just zoomed in on one of my pics. You can kinda see how I use the mount that comes with the Summit bumper, then i cut some of the stock Telluride bumper off, drilled and screwed the two pieces together.

RC poster
    Cool thanks looks great!!

RC poster
    I was finally able to get to one of the 3 local rock crawling tracks near me here in central Florida. The mods to the telly worked AMAZING.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scasta1981 View Post
    I was finally able to get to one of the 3 local rock crawling tracks near me here in central Florida. The mods to the telly worked AMAZING.

The dodge looks awesome! Bet it crawls great. Hows the turning radius with the wide crawler wheels?

Probably not good. Lol. I have wide grey hexes and turning radius is terrible. Though I don't have experience with turning using the stock wheels. Maybe it's just terrible either way?

RC Competitor
    The turning was good on mine until I locked the front diff. I knew it would suffer but thats the trade off for ultimate traction. I also run the stock wheels with 2.2's cut to fit.

RC poster
    It turns, lol not great but it does I need to play with moving the tie rod to the inner position and see if it gets better. But I love how it looks. I also just got a TBone racing servo protector and front bumper. I'll update some pics shortly.

I always have to do a lot of three to ten point turns when I'm crawling through tight lines .

I mixed 500k and putty in the front diff, buy it doesn't seem much different than just putty.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 02-11-2015 at 11:29 AM.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]

My 70 C10 Chevy rolling on 2.2 swampers
    Savox 0251 servo (waterproofed)
    21T Titan motor
    brushed Stampede 4x4 ring and pinions
    diffs locked with silly putty
    Hey man, I'm wondering what gearing you're using for your pinion & spur. I have a pretty similar build going on, and I have (at least) one more trip to the hobby shop before it's finished, and if a gearing change is in order, that could save me additional trips. My current pinion & spur are 10t pinion & 54t spur, both 32p. Thanks for being willing to share, and I've been quite inspired by your builds!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Hey man, I'm wondering what gearing you're using for your pinion & spur. I have a pretty similar build going on, and I have (at least) one more trip to the hobby shop before it's finished, and if a gearing change is in order, that could save me additional trips. My current pinion & spur are 10t pinion & 54t spur, both 32p. Thanks for being willing to share, and I've been quite inspired by your builds!

Dude, sick jeep! Thanks for the comments, its been fun building these so far. The Yellow chevy is actually running the stock 48 pitch 12 tooth pinion/ 83 tooth spur. I haven't had any problems yet so I can't justify upgrading until I need to. What has made the biggest difference was changing out the stock differential gears for brushed stampede gears. Wow, huge difference!
    Last edited by jjimerson; 03-12-2015 at 10:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    [IMG][/IMG]

Custom made tire carrier made from the Telluride bumper and part of a traxxas wheelie bar from my stampede
    I just stumbled across this thread. I know it's old, but I'm bored with my Slash 4x4 and I'm making a ShapeShifter project. One of the vehicles is a crawler/trail truck. I love this version of the Telly! Where did you get the old Chevy body, and how did you make the roll bars for the bed? I can't decide if I want to go with 1.9 or 2.2 sized tires. They will either be super swampers or Flatirons.

RC Racer
    jjimerson I really like how you cut those 2.2 crawler tires to fit. That is the look I'm looking for on my Telluride. I have a few sets of tires but they are all direct fit tires for the 2.2/3.0 SC rims. I guess if I want some cooler tires likes your crawler tires I will need to bread down and cut some to fit and glue them up like you did. I really like tire setup you have.

You can also cut them for beadlocks if you'd rather use those.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    You can also cut them for beadlocks if you'd rather use those.
    Ok. That would be even better. Thanks. Will have to mess around with that idea.

It's very easy. You more or less just cut the bead off and it's ready to go.

RC poster

Exclamation

Hey guys I've Haden my telluride for about a year and to day I was fooling around with the socks and got my telluride to 3 inches off the ground

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12