RC poster

Smile Slash 4 x 4 LCG - Mamba Monster

Hi all,

I have just done the greatest upgrade of all time to my slash and really wanted to share it!

Just installed a mamba monster 2 + 2200kv motor in my slash.
    Together with my 17mm hex conversion, this thing is insane on 3s or 4s.

The handling is so sharp, the acceleration and braking and the fact that I can run 3 packs through it and it barely gets warm - I'd seriously recommend it.

Are there any others who are thinking of doing it, or anyone who has done it recently and has any tips for me? I did try 6s but it was crazy, and I need to get used to 4s first!

people have been using this combo since it came out a few years back. You'll want to soon get some cvds because the stockers will eventually start to twist. Mip or teknos are the 2 best imo. then you'll need an upgrade on the center drive shaft. Another great tekno product. after that, you can drop in xo-1 diffs which are a direct drop in or you'll need to get the e-revo cross brace for the diff and the xtra duty diff cup that come with the side clips that also go in the e-maxx and e-revo brushless. after thqat, that's about as bullettproof as you can get the drivetrain.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Champion
    Not really, just upgraded drive train, some tekno/MIP axles on the rear at least, and if you want to go all the way, xo-1 differentials, tekno big bone, and upgraded front axles as well.

I love my mamba monster slash, so fast, yet there's no heat, its fantastic.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Did the MM2 and 2650kv in mine but haven't had the chance to really give it a rip just yet as the weather has been super crappy here in Vancity

Not to mention I'm also waiting on SPC/SMC to replenish their stock of 3s batteries.. but even running it on 2s in the apartment it seems to haul major butt!

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-07-2014 at 09:09 AM.

RC Racer
    I have the 2650 also but am on the lookout for a 2200. Also in the process of a full on upgrade and rebuild of what started as a platinum.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I'd stick with 2650, its faster on 3s and insane on 4s and with sl4sh its more than enough unless your going for a whole lot more insane 6s then the 2200 is what you want, be prepared for driveshafts twist

RC Racer
    I'm getting ready to order my motor/esc combo and wanted really insane speeds just not 100% of the time.. is the 2200 ok on 4s 5 and 6s... meaning 4s bash around, 5s get there attention, and 6s just has everybody in total wow factor similar to the xo1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I'd stick with 2650, its
    faster on 3s and insane on 4s and with sl4sh its more than enough unless your going for a whole lot more insane 6s then the 2200 is what you want, be prepared for driveshafts twist

Quote Originally Posted by Ya510 View Post
    I'm getting ready to order my motor/esc combo and wanted really insane speeds just not 100% of the time.. is the 2200 ok on 4s 5 and 6s... meaning 4s bash around, 5s get there attention, and 6s just has everybody in total wow factor similar to the xo1 lol
    pretty much. I have the 2650 and the 2200. the 2200 runs very cool, but it'll eat your drive train unless you get cvds, xo-1 diffs or at the least the revo cross bar in the diff. also count on a new center axle from tekno unless you turn down the torque limit on the monster mamba 2. great combo though. very very fast.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Racer
    I will be testing out the 2650 on 4s tomorrow. Everything is upgraded except the axles

Quote Originally Posted by beatym View Post
    I will be testing out the 2650 on 4s tomorrow. Everything is upgraded except the axles
    Word of advice, easy with your throttle finger, I know you get carried away and forget about it but you want the fun to last long untill you get your choice of cvd's

To change the subject slightly. When you get that beast up and running I have a great spot for you to take it to, to open her up. I went to Sun Valley Mall today and had a great time running my truck! Plenty of room to run at high speeds!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

I run both motors and IMO the 2650 is a better rounded choice, it flys on 3s and will make the truck uncontrollable on 4s.
    The 2200kv IMO at least in a slash is fine for speed runs, we forget how much the lipos weight to get these motors to perform.
    Personally both myb 2650 and 2200 are in speed run only trucks.
    If you want a great system, more then the slash can handle on 4s, the 2400kv mmp combo maybe more what your looking for.
    This is a fantastic 550 caned lower kv motor that performs like a champ on 3s and a beast on 4s, lets not forget with a lot less weight as well.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    I will be testing out the 2650 on 4s today. Everything is upgraded except the axles

RC Racer
    Nice im going to totally check that out its semi close also lol, I still undecided with my motor purchase it's actually a handful of options I thought it was more or less mm2 and pick 2200 or 2650 now I see the funny car motor mmp tekin in a few of my friends slash I think ima stick with the mm2 just have to figure out kv selection. .
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    To change the subject slightly. When you get that beast up and running I have a great spot for you to take it to, to open her up. I went to Sun Valley Mall today and had a great time running my truck! Plenty of room to run at high speeds!

RC poster
    WEll my 2200kv is awesome on 4s, but last time i ran it on 6s (the first time), my wheels flew off! lol. Think I've got that sorted now. using 17mm hex wheels and tyres makes a massive difference. Does anyones motor even get hot on 6s or even then does it stay cool like on 3s?

Is the mamba monster 2 esc waterproof? how about the 2200kv motor (castle creations 1515 motor)?

Quote Originally Posted by Badboyelmo View Post
    Is the mamba monster 2 esc waterproof? how about the 2200kv motor (castle creations 1515 motor)?
    yes and yes, its the sensored ESC/Motor that you have to stay away from water.