RC poster

Angry my car went nuts and is now in a pond!!!

So I went tonight to the ymca im a member at and thought I would take my rally for a drive. This would about my 5 time driving it. For some reason about 5 minutes into my driving I lost full control of the car and was unable to control or stop it. It headed dc stright into the pond. I was no more then 100 feet from the car. The moment it hit the pond my first thought was to jump in but no way was I doing that. Im in ohio and its cold. I tryed to not lose sight of it. But it just went under and it was gone. I tryed to go in but made it knee deep in the water before I came to terms its gone. I have a witness that saw this happen. She was just dumb founded as I was when she seen it all go down. I had good batterys in the controller, and a fully charged stock battery in the car. Will traxxas help me out with this? I just got it like 3 weeks ago if that. I have 5 plus years experience with rc cars and this was my first experience like this...

You could call Traxxas and see, but in the end you'll have to cut your losses and move on. Without having the entire package Traxxas would not be able to look it over to determine what the issue is and simply taking one's word for it (even with a "witness") is not sufficient enough for them to ship you a new one at no charge to you.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Bust the scuba gear out and go get it!! Lol. If you were to find it my guess is that it would still work.

RC Champion
    Its hard to say if traxxas will do anything about it, but I'd definitely go pull it out before anything else happens to it.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

This is a very unfortunate situation but if you think about it there really is no way Traxxas can fix it for you. IF they were to replace your Rally they would have to do the same for all customers and this would play out to what in effect would be a buy one get one free kind of deal.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Time to go fishing!
    Bashing Slash ultimate, 2 minis, and 5B

RC Qualifier

my car went nuts and is now in a pond!!!

Kind of funny! May I ask what voltage you were at? I'm just curious if you were on 3s (or more) and lost control...? I've never had a runaway in all the toys I've had... I wish this could be a buy one, get one free! I'd swim and if I still don't find it then I'd go buy a pump... Lol pump it out overnight.. They might not like that...

When and if you do find it still all the electronics in a huge bag of rice and let them sit for a week!

RC Qualifier
    sorry man , just think of it this way , many guys build $1000 + quadcopters that just fly away . Has not happened to mine yet but i am prepared for it when i fly. Hope it all works out for you in the long run.

RC Champion
    I've put a few RC planes into the ground due to operator error and it "went nuts" Total loss

Next time don't drive around deep ponds unless you're confidant with your systems. Your upside there is still a chance to find it

RC Racer
    Dude. Put some trunks on, go get wet, get your rig and dry off. It's just cold water, you can warm up after you save your investment.