RC Enthusiast

Throttle sticks in reverse

I just picked up another rustler with a brand new radient reaktor brushless system I'm having two issues with it.

When I turn on, I wait for it to go through the cycles like the manual says. The steering works, but I have to mess with setting button for the throttle to work. After that, I never have an issue with it.

Lastly, the throttle sticks in reverse. If I hit the trigger again, it stops moving, but if I tap it once if I just want to move it a little, it goes full throttle in reverse.

Are these both settings I need to adjust, or something I just have to deal with?

Thanks!

This post has been edited to removed filtered language. If you type something the filter turns into asterisks you must edit your post to remove the offending language.

Dadx2mj
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 11-10-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Did you follow the throttle calibrate procedure?
    Nobody is born with experience

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Adjust the neutral setting on the throttle channel. Adjust it forward a bit, and it will stay there when you release the trigger...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Did you follow the throttle calibrate procedure?
    I did. I tried it a few times to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Neither one came with instructions so I'm relying on information online. I found a manual online for the radient, although it isn't that informative. I can't find anything online for the radio though.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Adjust the neutral setting on the throttle channel. Adjust it forward a bit, and it will stay there when you release the trigger...
    I will try that when I get home. Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    A new development when I was messing with the throttle settings. I ran out of time at lunch to play with it so I turned the remote off and the truck went into reverse and stuck like it has been doing. I was messing with the throttle trim and all it did was cut off reverse. Once I started moving I back, it started spinning again..

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Hopefully none of you get too irritated with me, I'm still a noob. Which setting is that? These are the difference setting I have...

Thanks again everyone for all the help!

Press the buttons TH.TRIM so that you see the lowest arrow on your first picture move.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    I did that. When the truck is stuck in reverse and move it to the left so it's around -22 or so. It stops but then I have no reverse. I go to move it back a little more back to center and the tires start to spin again.

RC Qualifier
    I had a car that did that and I had to reset the esc back to factory settings and recalibrate and rebind the controller.

RC Enthusiast
    I've done the reset on the controller but that hasn't helped. Is there another reset on the esc?

RC Qualifier
    what type of radio is that
    Kyosho Inferno VE, Anza Slash, Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    ******* 3xs

RC Enthusiast
    Can a mod please remove the asterisk? I can edit the post. Thank you!

RC Enthusiast
    Just an update. I took everything to hobbytown for help and they got me squared away. I wasn't calibrating it correctly.

RC Enthusiast
    sounded like you were getting you neutral and reverse mixed up when you were calibrating it. Did they show you what you were doing wrong?

RC Enthusiast
    When setting up the esc, i wasn't doing the right sequence of button pressing. Having it calibrated now seems to have fixed all the issues I was having previously. 😀