Thread: Rustler 100Mph

RC Enthusiast

Rustler 100Mph

I am doing a build of a rustler that goes 100mph. Im wondering if the XO-1 Motor will fit in the rustler or if i will have to settle for the mxl-6s and 2200kv system?

RC Qualifier
    Settle? Lol.

The Mamba Monster with a 1515 motor is more than capable of doing 120mph on a Rustler.
    Bashin' n' crashin'

RC Enthusiast
    I Understand this which is why i dont mind that. Im just wondering if the xo-1 motor will fit thanks

Pretty sure the mounting holes will line up but both the XO-1 and the Castle 220kv motor pretty much require use of an aluminum aftermarket tranny case with an open motor bay to fit,,,,or a lot of Dremel work on the stock case.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Alright Thanks.

Where are the pics bro? I love speed rustlers. Good luck on your build!

RC Enthusiast
    Do You Think An Integy aluminum case would work? Im not a big fan of integy but I happen to have that case laying around on my work bench.

HR makes a good tranny case. They make a full aluminum and an composite case and aluminum motor plate. I have the 2nd of the two on my 2wd rally and it's a great tranny case. Plus it's only $28 shipped on ebay.

I dont think my HR case has a flat motor plate, but it's been a while since I looked. The FLM used to have a flat motor plate but I don't know about the newer model. Most people like the Integy trans case but I dont own one. I'd suggest going for 60mph first, then 70mph etc... You'll learn a lot just by getting to 70.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

It's flat and open.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WyattBoriFT View Post
    Do You Think An Integy aluminum case would work? Im not a big fan of integy but I happen to have that case laying around on my work bench.
    there are two style of integy cases one has the motor cover and one is more of a flatter motor mount. the flatter mount style is less expensive but will not work with the traxxas motor guard or wheelie bar and if you want a wheelie bar you will need an after market one.,,,,, mine looks like it would plenty of room for a larger motor, should I want one.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Like i tell all the 100mph Rustler questers...keep us informed on your travels. Good luck cuz it will be needed.

I was wondering though, 100mph in Utah? during the winter?
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes That Is My Problem, But i just started the build and i need to save up the money i get to get all the parts i need because im building it from scratch. Im doing this because i had a full transmission, a servo and a chassis just layin around and I didnt wanna go spend $230-$370 Dollars buying a new rustler when i had all those parts. So anyway im not worried about winter because Im estimating by the time i have this done winter will be coming to an end.

Thanks for the pic Rad, I was thinking of my golden horizons transmission case.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Thanks for the pic Rad, I was thinking of my golden horizons transmission case.
    Any time O.G.!

RC Competitor

wont work with stock trans.. most say a 1/8th wont, but theres proof it does, with zero issues.. but its 43mm, and the xo-1 is 49mm

RC Competitor

and at 43mm it barely works mid motor if you choose that route..

RC Enthusiast
    An Integy aluminum gearbox will fit the castle 1515 2200kv motor fine if you use the right size gearing. When screwed in, the motor cannot slide foward or backwards, so you will have to play around with the size of the gears. The castle 1717 motor will not fit in aluminum gearboxes, but you might be able to grind down some of the gearbox. I have talked to traxxas and castle, and they said that pairing the 1515 2200kv motor and the mamba monster 2, would be faster than the mamba monster 2 with the xo-1 motor, so go with the 1515 2200kv motor and 6s. The xo-1 motor is 1650 kv and compared to the 1515 2200kv motor, the 2200kv will produce higher rpms instead of more torque, and a car the size and weight of the rustler, any 1/8 motor is overkill and so you will want to have more rpms. I could be wrong, but this is what traxxas and castle have told me when i built my speed rustler.
    Last edited by KCWCK55; 12-12-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    this costs too much money